Any one make JUST a DVI switch?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by The JTizzle, Mar 12, 2010.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

I have a MBP and a Windows Gaming Rig. I am looking for JUST a DVI switch so when I want to use my mac with my 27 inch LCD I can but stick with my wireless mac keyboard and magic mouse and my PC can use my Logitech gear. Any one know of one? All I see are KVM switches that all require peripherals. Thanks.

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

Most will have the additional ports (if not all, as I've not seen one without it), but you don't have to use them. Just attach the monitor signals only, and ignore the rest.

3. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Yah i figured that is what i would end up doing in the 1st place, was just trying to save some cash and not end up buying options I will never use.

4. psyentific macrumors newbie

Gefen DVI DL

It happens that I have a several year-old Gefen DVI DL switcher that I'm looking to get rid of. Gefen & Dr. Bott I think both make modern DVI switchers that will handle up to the 30" Cinema Display, but you won't like the price.

The one I have switches audio as well, and caused some ground loop buzz on my system. But, if you're not switching audio, it would work great. Let me know.

5. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle