Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwrocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2015
I ordered an iPad Pro cellular from MacMall on the day it was announced they were taking preorders. Delivery was to be 11/15-16. It has sense been pushed back three times. Now with maybe delivery on the 12/7-8. Not shipped yet so not going to hold my breath.sure will not order from this lousy place again!!!!

Daud

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
I ordered an iPad Pro cellular from MacMall on the day it was announced they were taking preorders. Delivery was to be 11/15-16. It has sense been pushed back three times. Now with maybe delivery on the 12/7-8. Not shipped yet so not going to hold my breath.sure will not order from this lousy place again!!!!
Same situation and I am in time squeeze to use the allocated money for it on my business card until 12/10. MM even refused to charge me manually today. Will need to find another place to spend the money (taxfree) in next days, suggestion ?

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I received my 128 lte ipad pro from them - I ordered it on 11/10 and received it on 11/13. I did finally cancel the pencil I ordered at the same time as it kept getting pushed back and when I cancelled was given a date in January.

LucyLouie

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2015
Texas
Try bhphotovideo.com. Very reliable, no sales tax if outside NY, and fast shipping if you order by 3 Eastern. The one caveat, just like MacMall, is that if you open the box and use the device, they will not allow returns unless there is a defect in the item, but if you are confident you plan on keeping the device, B&H Photo is actually a better seller than MacMall, IMO.

dwrocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2015
I received my 128 lte ipad pro from them - I ordered it on 11/10 and received it on 11/13. I did finally cancel the pencil I ordered at the same time as it kept getting pushed back and when I cancelled was given a date in January.

That's nice!! I ordered on 11/6 and I am still waiting. What the f@@k is with that.

dyt1983

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2014
USA USA USA
Try bhphotovideo.com. Very reliable, no sales tax if outside NY, and fast shipping if you order by 3 Eastern. The one caveat, just like MacMall, is that if you open the box and use the device, they will not allow returns unless there is a defect in the item, but if you are confident you plan on keeping the device, B&H Photo is actually a better seller than MacMall, IMO.

As has been discussed here at MR forums, if you purchase an Apple hardware product from an authorized reseller, you have the right to return it to Apple within 14 days for a refund (not the Apple Store). Naturally the refund is not immediate and you must supply sufficient proof of purchase and return an undamaged product.

And with that, I have had absolutely zero issues (I don't call returning a defective product an issue) with hundreds of purchases from B&H and pretty much buy most of my Apple hardware there unless I need or want it sooner than they can supply it. B&H generally doesn't list products until they have a good idea of when it will be in stock, and in my experience when they list a stock date, it's pretty accurate. And in the few dealings I've had with MacMall, it hasn't been quite as smooth.

LucyLouie

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2015
Texas
As has been discussed here at MR forums, if you purchase an Apple hardware product from an authorized reseller, you have the right to return it to Apple within 14 days for a refund (not the Apple Store). Naturally the refund is not immediate and you must supply sufficient proof of purchase and return an undamaged product.

And with that, I have had absolutely zero issues (I don't call returning a defective product an issue) with hundreds of purchases from B&H and pretty much buy most of my Apple hardware there unless I need or want it sooner than they can supply it. B&H generally doesn't list products until they have a good idea of when it will be in stock, and in my experience when they list a stock date, it's pretty accurate. And in the few dealings I've had with MacMall, it hasn't been quite as smooth.

I did not know that and very much appreciate your passing that information on here. All the more reason to order Apple products from them! I, too, have ordered numerous items from B&H over the years, mostly photo equipment, and have never had a bad experience. In fact, I've had some absolutely stellar experiences with photo equipment. Knowing this info you passed on here, I am more likely to order Apple products from them in the future, so thank you for that. As it is, I have ordered a rMBP from them this year and a MacBook Air last year and was 100% satisfied with both transactions. Ordered both one day and they were here at my front door the next (paid for one-day shipping, which they offer at a reasonable rate); can't beat that! My experiences with MacMall have been decent, but they are much more hard sell, which is a personal turnoff of mine.

I also much prefer the B&H prices on AppleCare.

dwrocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2015
Canceled my order with MacMall!!!! Today they moved delivery out to at least 12/15! Will never spend a dime there and will tell everyone I can to avoid them! Best Buy will deliver on Tuesday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.