any one upgraded from iPad 1 to 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacBH928, Apr 16, 2012.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

I just want to know if you noticed that multi gesture commands are much faster and easier using the new ipad? its like been upgraded to be smarter. I used to push my fingers roughly upwards to get the dock thing at the bottom now just a swift touch.

I also have noticed that the battery lasts a very long time. I do not know i my other ipad battery was starting to die because it is only 1.5. years old and recharged about every 3 days. Maybe the new battery takes longer to charge but stays more

What else have you noticed. different

2. viperGTS macrumors 65816

that's probably because of the much improved processor over the A4 found in the first generation iPad.

3. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

Biggest differences for me are the screen and how much thinner the 3rd gen is.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I also upgraded from the iPad 1 to the new iPad. The screen is absolutely stunning and fortunately my iPad doesn't have any dead pixels or tinting going on. I do notice a much longer charge time and a seemingly quicker battery drain. However, when I get a new device, I'm using it like all the time so I'm sure that's part of the drain.

I don't notice any difference in processing. And I really haven't used the camera except to test it.

5. Dkorda macrumors 6502

iPad 1 was a great device. But it's like anything else, been passed up already.

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

The ipad 1 and 3 have one thing in common. They're too damn heavy!

carry on...

7. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

people who say there is no problem with their ipads screen, have you compared colors with your ipad1 or an iphone 4s?