Any one use a zCover for Final Cut Pro?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I know it's not the same thing but I have the 5G iPod case made by ZCover its pretty damn good, it has a good texture and you can press all the buttons just fine, the screen cover is slightly scratched now though, but not to a great degree, and it stick it in my pocket with key's etc. They make a good quality product.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
FF_productions said:
I haven't found a need for one of those, i memorized most of the shortcuts and i keep learning more the more I edit.

I've heard it's very helpful from others though!
I've learned my a lot of the keys, I was just wondering whether it were worth getting one to learn the rest...

However having recently dived into Studio I now realise that some of the other Studio app's short-cuts are similar, but not exactly the same and a dedicated FCP keyboard may just confuse.

I think I'll just put the $'s towards my G5/Intel Tower fund (which I notice you're after as well :)).

ikonq

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2006
the zCovers are alright, but the price is only marginally off that of a LogicKeyboard set of keycaps for FCP.

(i dont mind the idea of having a dedicated keboard mind you, it makes me look more professional when other people see my setup :) )

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
ikonq said:
the zCovers are alright, but the price is only marginally off that of a LogicKeyboard set of keycaps for FCP.
I spotted some of those as well recently. Looked like a better idea.

ikonq said:
...i dont mind the idea of having a dedicated keboard mind you, it makes me look more professional when other people see my setup :) )
There is that I guess :)

3dit3r

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2005
Danksi said:
I was wondering whether or not anyone actually uses one of these for Final Cut Pro?

Wanted to get an idea of how it feels...
Don't bother. Use your money to get an EZKeyboard (professional series). It has solid keys, nice feel for editing, plus a jog wheel. Don't know how much it is but in most post-houses I work at, that's the keyboard they use. It's well worth it.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I'd drop the money on something else. Odds are you'll modify the keyboard short cuts and any key caps/covers don't help when using modifer keys. If you rarely edit then it might be a good memory jogger, but if you edit on any sort of a regular basis you'll memorize the short cuts in no time.

Almost all the Avids I've worked w/have color coded keycaps on them, but I don't know anyone who uses the default layout so the keycaps are pretty much all wrong anyway.

Lethal