Any one using sky fire please help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by No1up, Mar 16, 2011.

1. No1up macrumors regular

I'm thinking of buying skyfire, could some one here that has it please let me know how well it works on fox on demand (just google fox on demand)

That would help out a bunch, thanks.

2. bossxii, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

bossxii macrumors 68000

It was free yesterday... get iSwifter. I can watch Hulu and several Flash based sites on wifi no issues, on 3g it's a bit slow, but still gets you flash video.

Watching Fox.com "watch full episodes" right now over 3g, works much better than Hulu, pretty decent for 3g. Very watchable, slight stuttering and I'm tethered to my iPhone via MyWi. Picture quality after a few mins ha gotten very nice considering.

FYI I did pay the $2.99 as it will prompt you every so often as in "in purchase upgrade" but keeps the pop ups away. With Hulu and clearly Fox and other Flash TV sites it's very worth it imo.

3. luckystephens macrumors member

luckystephens

4. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet, so would you say skyfire is worth $3.99?

5. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

No one? Every one is to busy trying to find iPads huh?

6. turkey1 macrumors member

Definitely get iswifter over Skyfire. Using skyfire you can't use any controls. Was trying to watch fx on demand and you can't verify your age on skyfire, while iswifter works perfect.

7. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

They both are very laggy, I could not watch Hulu on it. It was very choppy (WiFi)

8. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I downloaded iswifter but on my wifi, its really choppy and overall not very good. Is the paid version of it better? Or is skyfire better as far as video quality gos?

9. turkey1 macrumors member

Iswifter is lag free for me about half the time I have skyfire and when it works there is no lag, but you run into a lot of problems. If you are on the same network use splashtop I found it is the best solution for almost everything just remote in and watch anything