Any Online Poker Players?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Apple, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

Anyone out there a fan of online poker playing?

I have been playing for the past few months now on Full Tilt and can't get enough of the edge it brings. While I probably only play a few hours a week, it is very intense when your bankroll doubles once and then takes a hit.

I thought if you were into it like myself it would be cool to post some of your stories/winnings/good hands/bad beats here.

My story so far started with a $15 deposit which turned into 75 after a month and is now back down to 25.

Feel free to share your stories.

2. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

how'd you manage to deposit money if you live in the US? they stopped letting us deposit in full tilt recently i thought, i was so pissed.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I play on full tilt all the time. I've never had a problem depositing money.

anyways i started out with $100 and at one time had my bankroll all the way up to $2,400 just playing cash games and a few tournaments here and there. it is currently back down to $970 lol. I guess thats the nature of the game, at least i'm still up from my initial investment.

Here is a bad beat story:

i was playing in a sattellite tournament which would have given me a seat to a $750,000 guaranteed tournament. top 9 were going to be awarded a seat, there are currently 11 players left so 2 more get eliminated and i'm in.

I get pocket kings and i raise 3X the pot everyone folds except 2 people. flop comes 4,K,J... i flopped trips so i bet the pot, which was pretty hefty at this point..... one person folds the other calls so its now heads up...... Turn comes J... at this point i have a full house KKK-JJ.... obviously i go all in without hesitation. he calls and turns over pocket Aces.... ok great only an Ace on the river could beat me so the odds were heavily in my favor...... River comes :mad: A..... aaaaarrrrrrggghhhhh and then i get the message saying you have finished in 10th place. man was i pissed, i had to leave the house and get some fresh air.

4. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

oh man i know how you feel. i played in playersonly and got some money, small money though. won $50s, $200s here and there. they have this thing called gold coins you can obtain by playing a lot of poker on their website and you can use that to go to tournaments. but man that really sucks, you would have been the chip leader too i bet, well played thought you gotta admit. by the way, do you use visa or mastercard? that might be the problem, i realy want to play at full tilt since it seems there's a lot more tournaments and i'm getting a mac soon and full tilt is the only compatible mac poker program -_-

5. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Just started playing again last night.

Deposited $50, bank roll is at $179 right now.

Won a $22 SitNGo then put $20 on the $.50/$1 and tripled up with pocket aces. Opponent had pocket 10s.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I use a VISA debit card, It's linked to a bank account that i set up just for paypal, online poker and things like that. In case i ever get hacked or something they wont get much. My friend couldnt add money with his mastercard though.

7. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

thats interesting, what bank does that? does anyone else despise poker stars?

8. Cyberjenks macrumors newbie

Hay Poker Monkeys

I play live and I play on Full Tilt...This weekend I had my first Quad over Quad (not in my favor) sic beat. Im still a little warm...

I was in the BB with 69 o/s I felt like gambleing so I called a 2x the BB raise. The flop came 666...So I checked it to see if I would get any action...everyone also checked down..Trun was an Ace..I was soo happy to see it come I was like YES YES YES I'm going to get paid!!! I checked again wanting just to call if I got raiser thinking I'll just play it smooth. The first guy did a pot size raise, the next guy went all in...so I called and the guy that bet the pot called. Cards flipped over The guy who first bet the pot had JJ the guy who bet the pot had AA. I was like SWEET!!! Right up untill the river A.

If this would of happened to me where I play live insted of losing all my money and my mind...I would of got 43K (Bad beat bounes) oh well at lest I got a bad beat story to cry about...

I'm Cyberjenks on Full Tilt Come by and say Hi if you see me online...I'm a fish so you might want to play with me to.

9. Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple

Here's a story:

Im playing a .5/1.00 game and I get K/K in as my cards. Not wanting to cause suspicion, I just call the dollar and get to the flop. By now I'm heads up with another guy and the flop is [10 H, K H, 3 C]. Having hit the trips I try to trap him so I check and he pushes 20 in. So I get real excited and push all-in ($53):eek:. So he calls and turns over Q H J H. Basically now Im praying no ace; and I dodge it with a 4 of clubs on the turn. But sure enough, that ace of hearts gets thrown out and I end up losing to a royal flush, and now I am out of money.

So my first deposit (by a fulltilt gift card, FYI) of 15 dollars lasted me 4 months of great, fun poker. Long story short, that is a great price to pay for the excitement this sport brings. (yes i called it a sport)

10. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I'm quite interested in playing online poker for a bit of fun and cash on the side, but there are so many sites I don't know where to start.

11. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I think fulltiltpoker is probably the most popular and most advertised in the power world. I would start with that one and see if you like it. I've been on that one for a year and a half and i really like it. nice interface, huge variety of games and cash levels.

12. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

Poker Stars

i havent played the real money but the fake money is pretty good.