Any opinions of 8.02?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iolinux333, Sep 25, 2014.

1. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I feel like I can keep more apps open now and it seems slightly snappier overall. Maybe it's all in my head? I still feel like 7.1.2 was most responsive, and most stable.

2. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

3. gpspad macrumors 6502

After waiting forever ti update to ios8, in no hurry to update the ipod touch until a decent bug fix is released, the current one seems rushed. Ill wait until october.

4. bmxracer macrumors member

bmxracer

Its really laggy for me, but atleast there are less crashes than 8.0. 7 was much better in my opinion.

5. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

I'm downloading ios8 on me iPod touch 5g right now. I wasn't going to, but I kinda want all the new cool iOS 8 camera features. If everything goes well, I will probably update my first gen iPad mini to iOS 8 as well. But first I wanted to see how the iPod touch handles it since they both use the A5 chip.

I get the feeling that this is the last iOS I can download. I doubt iOS 9 will work with the A5 chip.

6. iolinux333 thread starter macrumors 68000

I get the feeling this is last too, but more because of 512MB than anything else.

7. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

True. I agree. Not enough ram to run future iOS. That's why I think the iPod touch may see an upgrade this October along with the iPads.

8. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I think if they upgrade the iPod touches it'll probably be TouchID and a slight spec bump. Don't think they'll up it to 5.5". As the demand for iPods is slowly wearing down and they're trying to enter the cost-efficient market with iPhone 5C. But with that being said, who knows. Apple may reveal the 4.7/5.5" iPod touch.

9. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

Digging iOS 8 on my iPod touch 5G so far. Lots of little things, but I love the new manual control camera stuff. Very cool.

With that said, I too am hoping the update to the iPod touch comes sooner than later.

Yes, iPod sales have dipped. The classic is history. More & more people stream music these days. Many just want to carry one device...so the iphone wins.

However, I would argue that the iPod touch is far from dead. It just needs to evolve. It's less of a music player now, and more of a gaming, web surfing, and emailing device....all things enhanced by a larger display. I think it makes perfect sense to look at the touch as an ipad nano in that regard. So I could totally see Apple increasing the size slightly to match the iphone 6 models. It'd capture that sweet spot right below the iPad mini in terms of size.

I hope this happens. Guess well find out soon enough. The iPod touch wasn't updated along with the redesigned iPhones as they usually are in September. Apple didn't want anything stealing the iphone 6 & Apple watches thunder. But I truly believe we will see an update in October along with the iPads.

Which again, makes perfect sense...especially if they increase the screen size of the touch to 4.7" or 5.5".

A faster chip & better camera along with Touch ID at the very least should happen. But I'd bet a size increase will also happen.

10. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

Does the touch have wifi issues with the latest version of ios 8? Obviously if the touch has wifi issues that would be a big problem since it relies on wifi and for me, would basically become a paperweight without wifi.

11. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

No wifi issues for me. I've been making calls and surfing the net since downloading iOS 8 with no problems at all. I'm digging the update. Gonna give it another week, but looks like I'll download it onto my iPad mini as well.

12. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Me too. My iPad 4 sometimes runs great, and then LAG. What was up with having to clear over 7G for the update to? Talk about 'bloatware'...

13. Ndalby macrumors newbie

Ndalby

Same on mine, certainly more laggy when skipping tracks. 3-5 seconds after pressing button before next track starts. It's had two full restores and has 20GB free but still the same...bring on a beefier model sooner rather than later...