Any options other than File Magnet for PDF on the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by W1MRK, Jun 18, 2011.

1. W1MRK macrumors 6502

Howdy.

i have a bunch of pdf files ranging from 5mb to 50 mb and I would like to take them with me to view on the iphone. They are to large to mail I believe.

Is there a freeware option that would allow me to sync the pdfs with my iphone and imac so I could view on the road? Or a cheaper solution anyone knows of?

Thanks

Mike

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Evernote is free and syncs with your iPad, Phone and Desktop computer

3. kleinias macrumors regular

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

GoodReader is a good app and I like/use it a lot but the reason I didn't recommend it was because their app is not Universal, so will have to pay like $4-$5 for the iPad version and another $3 for the iPhone version and I don't believe they have a Mac application.

Evernote is free and syncs across multiple devices.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just throw them into my iBooks.

6. W1MRK thread starter macrumors 6502

I did not even know that worked!!! Awesome Thanks for all the responses.

7. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

+1 for Goodreader

I read where major industries are converting their paper publications to electronic via iPad with the majority using Goodreader for their employees.

It's really powerful and chalked with many advanced features.

8. kleinias macrumors regular

That's true it's not universal and for a person that is very price sensitive that may be a persuasive bit of datum. On the other hand, if someone is a very heavy PDF user, they may consider apps like GoodReader, especially if they consider them among the best in that class of apps with similar utility.

As I mentioned before, I'm not a very heavy PDF user and I use GoodReader for some of its other functionality as much as I use it for PDFs. I would certainly defer on this to someone that has tried out these apps and is a more involved user of PDFs.

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

10. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

I have heard of people using iBooks ;)

That's what I do anyway