Any other 3GS users having issues w/emails using iOS 4.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MK25toLife, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

I am not receiving ANY email on my 3GS via push, they aren't even coming late, anyone else having this issue? Is this b/c of AT&T or is there another reason?

2. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

No, not that issue but i did just get an email and it said "this message contains no data". I couldn't delete it and it kept showing that I had a new mail. After 3 tries the email finally "showed up".

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I am only having issues with my gmail accounts right now. One is imap and the other is on exchange. My yahoo account is working great! The gmail's not so much.

4. firedogut macrumors regular

5. ingricky macrumors newbie

Interesting, I had the same issue no more than an hour ago. Let's try to narrow down the issue. In my case the scenario was:

- Using MobileMe
    - Organized by thread set to On

I am not sure how I solved the problem but I think I turned the "email thread" off. Sorry for not being more specific but at the time I saw this problem I was actually testing the "Organized by thread" function and I was turning the option on/off.

6. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue with Gmail on MS Exchange, no new emails are being pushed to my iPhone. This is really annoying.

7. schoff0310 macrumors member

schoff0310

No problems for me....I have Gmail, yahoo and comcast. I love the improvements!:)

8. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

It seems to be a temporary Google issue. Enable IMAP until it's sorted is the only answer at the moment. Here's another (recent) macrumors thread on it.

9. David87 macrumors member

Indeed, many have been suffering the same issues. I actually started a thread about this yesterday when my Google Sync packed its bags!