Any other french press users own Keurig?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Nov 22, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I really, really enjoy a cup of french press coffee, and have used one exclusively for the past 15 years. To me, nothing tastes as rich or as bold as a good cup of FP.

However, I do get tired of the mess, and cant wash the grounds down the drain because I have a septic system, so this weekend I picked up a keurig B60. Have to admit, it makes a halfway decent cup of coffee depending on which pod you use. Not quite as good as a FP, but not bad, and tons better than the flavia system i have at work.

Any FP users here make the transition to keurig and have a good blend to recomend?

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

I love my french press and use it on the weekends, but during the week when I have to get to work I use my Keurig. There's nothing I've found that comes close to the flavor, richness, and "oilyness" if you will, of french press, but I have found a few k-cup blends that I really like--"Newman's Special Blend Extra Bold", "Timothy's Italian Blend", and "Coffee People Donut Shop" are my top 3.

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I used a Keurig at work before I got a french press. While I agree that nothing beats a good cup of french pressed coffee, I always found the Timothy's brand pods, especially irish cream, to be pretty good.

4. imeridian macrumors newbie

Coffee People Jetfuel and Black Tiger are the richest, blackest, boldest, etc, coffees that I've tried thus far.

5. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

6. Surely Guest

Surely

I switched from French Press, which I've used for the past 5 years, to the Keurig B70. As much as I agree that nothing beats a FP cup of coffee, the Keurig is pretty damn close.

For me, the lack of a mess is worth the very slight trade off.

Coffee People Donut Shop is my favorite.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No thanks. I stick to the French press at work. There's a hot water heater at work, and it's very easy to scoop the grounds into a bin. It takes around 5 minutes to make my coffee and clean up, but I don't consider that a lot of time.

8. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

I used to use a french press as well. I highly recommend Coffee People Jet Fuel (I find Black Tiger too burnt tasting) or Santa's Buzz (Only available Thanksgiving to a bit after Christmas).

I brew both of those on the largest setting, the taste good on smaller ones as well. I have to brew Doughnut Shop, which I also like, on the smallest to taste strong enough for me.