Any other iPhone 4 owners not bothering with iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Gomff, Sep 23, 2012.

?

Will you be upgrading your iPhone 4 to iOS 6?

1. I've already done it

36 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. I'm waiting for maps to be fixed / kinks to be ironed out

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. I'm never upgrading to iOS 6!

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Gomff macrumors 6502a

I don't know if this is the right place but I'm wondering how many iPhone 4 users are not bothering with iOS 6. It seems for iPhone 4 users, there's nothing of note (that works for us) and we lose Google maps. I use maps a lot so this is a big deal.

Anyhow just curious what others think.

2. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

3. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

IPhone 4s user here and I'm also not bothering with iOS 6. 5.1.1 is just perfect for 4s . Exceptional battery life and super fast. can't ask for more!

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I've gained more than I lost so it was worth updating...phone is faster, new email attachment options, do not disturb etc. iMaps is not going away learn to deal until it improves

5. remmy macrumors 6502a

Wasn't going to bother but went ahead last night out of curiosity.

You are right, not much gained, just looking in my area maps is missing some local train stations and a small private airport. Luckily already have a proper GPS installed.

Is faster and pretty though :rolleyes:

6. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Am happy to have upgraded. iOS 6 was nowhere near as bad as upgrading my iPhone 3G to 4. Some pretty good additions in fact and the maps app doesn't seem so bad for me. Battery life seems no worse.

I was sceptical but am actually impressed. Will probably get the iPhone 5 but its not urgent.

7. Guacamole macrumors regular

I have upgraded but I don't see any improvement. Battery as bad as usual.
    Hopefully maps will get fixed soon

8. 328xi macrumors member

Fyi You can reinstall the app for google maps. As far as the update it is killing my battery life.

9. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I see absolutely no reason to upgrade an iPhone 4 to iOS6. It's only takes away things you already have. Why would you do that? Maps, alone, is reason enough to stay far, far away from iOS6.

10. 328xi macrumors member

Not true, the only thing you loose initially is the you tube and google map app. Both I downloaded in a few seconds after the upgrade. iTunes app updates are far superior and more user friendly in 6. The apple turn by turn won't speak to you,(iphone4 only) but it is much easier to read while in the car.

11. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I didn't think the google map app had been submitted yet, let alone approved. Am I missing something?

12. Rigby macrumors 601

13. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Upgraded my 4s then promptly downgraded back to 5.1.1

14. SatManager macrumors 6502

SatManager

I have upgraded my iPhone 4S and iPad 3 and bought the new iPhone 5. I have found that I am getting about the same battery life, the map images are old but the streets and locations seem to be in the right place FOR MY AREA!. I like the music view better with iOS 6 (particularly that the playlist will move to the area that the current song is being played).

As the map data is updated and corrected, new passbook apps are released to allow useful passbook integration, then we will see all that iOS 6 will do. Right now there are some deficiencies but they are not unsolvable and for some are not even noticeable. So the old saying "your mileage may vary" applies to how iOS 6 is received by everyone.

15. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

How did you do that?

----------

Apple should of left the pop cast and the FaceTime application alone.