iPhone Any other jailbreaks coming? Or major updates to Evasion?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NovemberWhiskey, Feb 6, 2013.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I am really looking forward to jailbreaking my phone, but with all the instability reports, I am holding off for something more proven and stable.

Is anyone else working on the jailbreak, or is Evasion going to release an update that will make this more stable?

2. dinggus macrumors 65816

What makes evasi0n not stable? Do you need your weather app? Because all these fixes are being updated via Cydia, so jailbreak and update and enjoy.

3. Oridus macrumors 6502a

This... Nothing is perfect out of the gate first of all. Second, why not be thankful for what you have and give it more than just two days to let the bugs get ironed out? The jailbreak is fantastic, and bugs will be ironed out and like dinggus said, the updates will come via Cydia. So sit back, relax, and enjoy.

4. Demonface macrumors 6502a

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

The weather app is fixed with the latest updates. As is the reboot bug. Both have been incorporated into evasi0n 1.1 which is what you'd download now.

People who jail broke with the original tool can get the fixes via Cydia update right now.

6. rd261 macrumors regular

This is one of the most stable jailbreak I have used. No reason not to jailbreak and as others said whatever small bug there was initially is now fixed through Cydia.

7. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

If iOS were perfect and without holes we wouldn't have a jailbreak....Cydia was a mess for a day....everything is pretty good now with the occasional error....

8. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

evasi0n worked perfectly for me on two different iPhone 5's on two different operating systems. It's pretty close to stable and the issue with the stock weather app has been fixed.

I wouldn't wait to Jailbreak, do it and enjoy it. Just backup your phone in iTunes first, so if for any reason something does happen, it won't be hard to go back and start over. But I think you'll be fine.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

After doing my homework i took the plunge last night and can report,

Thus far,

The jail-break on my iPhone 5 ios 6.1 went without hitch.

My native weather app opens without issue.

Cydia opens fast and the two package updates seems to have helped some people having glitches.

Winterboard installed along with a theme and i have no noticeable lag.

Its important to note that apple will soon be releasing ios 6.1.1 so think about jail-breaking now !

If you don't like what you get say after a week or so then simply restore thro iTunes.

10. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Why do people blame the jailbreak when Cydia isn't working correctly, especially in the first few days. It's nothing new, and it's probably always going to happen anytime an anticipated jailbreak is released.

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

+!

Although i've gotta say that perhaps this one has been anticipated for so long that the amount of people jail-breaking on the software release was ground braking !!

Happy days.

12. ivnj macrumors 65816

Weather has always been stable for me. So are you saying if I jail break weather becomes less stable??

13. dinggus macrumors 65816

They are lacking knowledge.

When evasi0n first came out, the weather app would crash. Since it has been fixed, the weather app has been removed from my iPad Mini after evasi0n updates came out over Cydia.

14. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Who said I wasn't thankful? Simply because I asked a question? No where did I exhibit any form of hostility or ungratefulness to the devs behind the Evasion JB. (thanks guys).

Thanks to those that let me know it was updated/patched.

15. dinggus macrumors 65816

evasi0n 1.1 just came out, should have all the bugs fixed.

16. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ever since I JB I have been hit with snow and freezing rain, it has been rough. I have installed the updates but still it is pretty cold here.

Luckily my native weather App has worked well and kind of predicted it all. Not everyone experienced the issue with the weather app.

17. King Bowser macrumors regular

\

Nice ! +1 for you my good chap

two iphone 4s , no problems whatsoever..

18. P51 macrumors regular

I'm already JB how do I fix the weather app? Steps for this please!

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just accept all the updates you see in Cydia.