Any other mac up-to-date customers here?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ogmc, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ogmc macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if there's any other mac up-to-date program customers here.
    Can you leave a post here and let me know how it went for you?
    Like whether you have received your copy yet or not; just general feedback on your experience with this service.

As I'm one of them and still not received my copy of snow leopard.
    And having a hard time chasing up Apple New Zealand (a.k.a. Apple Australia) for it.

Cheers,
    osc

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

In North Carolina, still without Snow Leopard.

3. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

4. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

I was sopposed to get mine on the 1st but still hadn't got it on the 7th so i called Apple and the guy said that it was probably lost during transit so he sent me a full retail version for free with overnight shipping and i got it the 10th.

5. Knoxville3G macrumors member

In Tennessee here and got my Snow Leopard UTD disk in the mail the wednesday following the friday S.L. release day. No problems with the install. Running SL on the uMBP on which I type this very message. Good luck with your update.

6. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

In Kansas City, got my SL disc the day after release.

7. ogmc thread starter macrumors newbie

I had similar issue as you jdusoccer12.
    However, I rang Apple on the 9th; the Apple representative told me the same/similar story - got lost in transit.
    And he would pop another copy into mail and this time, he would send it to my home address instead of my office. Told me it would arrive at the latest early this week.

Nothing arrived; so I rang them up again this morning. Another Apple representative answers my call.

Informs me that; in their system, the previous Apple representative has lodged a ticket to have another copy sent to me. However, she cannot see any other change in that status.

So I questioned her, why I was told that I would received it in this time and all this; and got nothing.

Then she goes on and tells me that, she has no idea why the other representative said that and she cannot comment further.
    And as to whether a new DVD has been sent out or not, she has no rights to look at the other system that manages whether the DVD has been sent or not.

All she can do is re-raise the issue with the department that manages the shipping.

Then next I asked why is the DVD getting sent to me as standard post in the first place and not using signature courier. She told me... "it's because you are only paying for the shipping of the DVD - that's why you are getting the standard shipping."

So I told her... "That makes no sense, because I'm paying NZ$19 for shipping, and when I sent a dvd to my sis in Aussie; it costs me like $12.95 and I get signature courier? - but forget it, how much more do I need to pay to get it delivered to me with signature courier?"

she replied "No - you cannot upgrade and have signature courier, because you're on the up-to-date program!"

at this point; I pretty much gave up and just said to her... "right just send me a email of when you have a response of when you will send me the DVD and I will decide on whether I will ask for a refund of my $19 and just go into a store and grab it for NZ$59!"

Now brings the point; jdusoccer12 did you have to pay extra for that overnight service?

O.

8. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

I was supposed to get mine 9/1 but it actually arrived 8/31. I was pretty disappointed it wasn't here launch day like it originally stated it was going to be, but a few days wait wasn't that bad.

This being my first actual UTD purchase, I do have to say I was kind of disappointed that it didn't come with a retail box, instead, it was just the little plastic sleeve and a paper booklet. I like having the retail box to display, but for $9.95 + tax, I got what I paid for.

9. ogmc thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just glad I brought my macbook pro from a retail store down the road (and got it as soon as I handed my money my over - clean swap).
    After this experience...
    Don't think I'll ever order anything from the Apple online store again - tho, not like I had much of a choice with this UTD deal. :mad:

10. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Don't bash the Apple Online store....I've ordered plenty of things from there and have always had top notch service, communication and deliveries that were pristine. Granted, the Up To Date service should be a little more expedited, but thankfully I had no problems.

11. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

No problems here - ordered five days after release online...received it three days later in NH!

12. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

Nope I didn't have to pay anything extra the guy just said that he would sed me a full retail version with next day shipping i didn't even have to ask.

13. ogmc thread starter macrumors newbie

Not bashing Apple Online Store as a whole - as I've heard a lot of positive feedback from mac users from the US mainly.

But I'm aiming explicitly at Apple NZ (which is essentially Apple Australia).
    As I've heard a few (and I mean a few - NOT a lot) of poor feedback from people around me about their service.

And now it's happened to me.
    And I've been very patient, as I had my shipping email sent to me on 29/08 and I rang them on the 9th (09/09) - which I believe is more than ample of time for it to arrive (even on snail mail).

But what I'm disgusted in, is that; I've been promised by a Apple representative that a new copy will be sent out and will arrive either last week or early this week.
    But then time came again (14/09) and I rang again and was told there's no change in the status of my issue ticket (i.e. the new copy is not even in the mail!).

Following that; I was offering to pay a bit more and get it couriered to me... But was denied this privilege because I'm a up-to-date program customer and not a "full" customer!

And jdusoccer12's comment above is a great example of Apple US's excellent customer service.

14. tooz macrumors 6502

Here in Aus it got dispatched at 3am in the morning and was down here by 2pm (Aug 28th). Though it was a retail disc, It was shipped by Courier with no signature required, which I was surprised about. The funny thing was seeing the big truck come to deliver a small CD!

15. ogmc thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't heard anyone from Aus complain about Apple - cos I don't know much Aussie people. The ones I know use PCs.

But essentially, what one of the people I know here in NZ tells me is:

There is no NZ Apple Store, therefore when we make any orders from the Apple Online NZ Store, it goes to the Apple Store in Aus.
    And we (the people in NZ) get lower priority than Aussies, because we are not their primary target audience/customer.

And from the looks of things, I'm like the only person experiencing this poor customer service.

Thanks to all you guys who posted a response back to my thread. I think I've moaned enough and I'm not going to get a response from Apple Aus on when my up-to-date DVD will ship (and most likely go missing during transit again.). I will ask for a refund on of the "delivery fee" and just go into a local electronics store and buy a retail copy.

Sad to say this; I really like the stuff Apple makes. But after this nightmare of a customer service experience. I am no longer going to recommend a Mac to any of my friends or anyone - I can only imagine what would happen from this point on in with support in regards to my MacBook Pro breaking down.