Any other Mythbuster fans here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ardchoille50, Apr 17, 2015.

1. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I just checked the TV listings for my area and there is a Mythbusters marathon all day tomorrow. I'm currently buying the entire Mythbuster series on iTunes but am only able to afford one season per month - season 5 next month!

My favorite Mythbusters quotes:
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
    "When in doubt.. C4" - Jamie Hynaman

Are you a Mythbusters fan? If so, what are your favorite quotes?

2. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Jamie wants big boom!

Basically any time Adam holds his hands in front of his mouth, wiggling his fingers indicating that he's quoting Jamie.

I love how Jamie bags on Adam "well, clearly if he had thought about this even a little before starting..."

3. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, it seems that everything after that cement truck episode doesn't quite live up to "big boom".

It's not only Adam, I've seen others poking fun at Jaimie's mustache.

4. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Agreed. Cement truck there, then gone, in an instant. Only the rocket sled comes close to being as awesome as the cement truck!

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I'm not an avid fan or anything, but do enjoy watching an episode from time to time. I think one of my favorites was when they had Alton Brown on and cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal by putting it in/on the engine of an automobile and driving it around.

6. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

That was a good episode. Heat would transfer, but I would have thought that a bit of engine odor would transfer as well. I'm not sure I would be willing to eat such a meal.

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Agreed, I definitely viewed it as an interesting exercise, but not something I would care to replicate. :D

8. jdechko macrumors 68040

The myth-whats?

J/K. :) They're awesome. And Cement truck is definitely the best. The only depressing thing is that the slow-mo wasn't slow enough and the blast took out the closest camera. I think they need to re-test that myth again. You know, for science.

Well here's your problem.

9. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

You got my vote! :)

Excellent quote! I had forgotten about that one.