any other nebraskans on here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by husker4, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

While not technically a Nebraskan (I'm originally from Austria), I moved to Nebraska about half a year ago. :)

2. husker4 thread starter macrumors member

oh that must blow. Nebraska must suck compared to austria

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Why do you think so? I actually quite like it. :eek:

Sure, there definitely are more exciting places to live, but I've met some very cool and wonderful people here. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to visiting my home for a couple of weeks. It's quite different and I miss a few things (like the mountains), but Nebraska isn't that bad :p

4. husker4 thread starter macrumors member

Nebraska is full of friendly people, but not much else. Omaha and Lincoln aren't too bad though. I'm glad u like it here! Is Austria worth traveling to?

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I woulnd't just go to Austria alone, unless maybe you just want to go there to ski or hike. But if you're doing a trip around central Europe, you should check it out. We have a lot of history and cultural activities. Also, the nature and landscape are really diverse and different from anything I've seen in Nebraska.

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

When I was in college, some buddies and I drove up to Lincoln to watch the Huskers play the Horns. It was coooooold, but a total blast. Downtown Lincoln has a really neat area of bars and clubs (O street?), and the Husker fans were some of the coolest I've been around. We were in our Longhorn gear, and everywhere we went, the Huskers insisted on buying our drinks. It wasn't good for our sobriety, but boy did we have an amazing time. :)

8. husker4 thread starter macrumors member

I know some people from broken bow. The scene where jack is sleeping on top of the camper was filmed at the louisville lakes which is like 5 minutes from my house. Everyone flocked down there to see him lol

9. Frisco macrumors 68020

I am not from Nebraska, but I am curious what do Nebraskans do for fun?

10. husker4 thread starter macrumors member

Ya O street and the haymarket are a really good time! Texas fans were really fun to hang out with down in Dallas this year for the big 12 championship game. Texas comes down to Lincoln next year and its gonna be crazy. Then the next year we go down to austin and I really wanna go. Its the only big 12 school I haven't been to.

11. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Definitely go! It's next to impossible to not have a good time in Austin. :D

12. husker4 thread starter macrumors member

"Tons of stuff. Late night pitch and putt. We go to the livestock auction and cruise the 4-H babes. Throw stuff off the bridge. What do you feel like doing?" Just kiddin but if you spent some time here I think you would realize that Nebraska isn't just a bunch of hicks tilling their land and feeding there caddle LOL. Lincoln is your college town where everything revolves around the huskers (well basically the whole state revolves around the huskers) and alcohol. You can find a million parties on any given night. Omaha is a really cool town to. The old market is a great time and there's always some type of underground concert going on. And if all else fails you can always go booze cruisin.....or cow tipping...."I can't believe you've never been cow tipping before! Get ready to live!"