Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

resonate

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
i am going to US shortly after christmas but i have a friend who can buy the macbook pro for me now. i have cash for 15 inch right now and the deal for a refurbed 2099 is very nice, but was thinking all the time about 17 inch HD version which is 600 dollars more. my question is this : are there any deals with refurbed computers after holiday season like the one now with 15inch? i think all the time about buying the 17.....should i just buy the 15inch with the deal that is currently available? i am leaving US at the beginning of february so i can theotherically wait...

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
i have cash for 15 inch right now and the deal for a refurbed 2099 is very nice, but was thinking all the time about 17 inch HD version which is 600 dollars more.

As HD is a BTO, I'm not sure if you could just walk into a store and pick one up, anyway.

I think the current models will see a price dive if new models come out, through the Refurb store.

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
Someone suggested elsewhere on the forums that if you walk into an Apple store shortly after Xmas, they'll have some "open box" stuff for sale. Essentially, presents bought for Christmas that were returned, things they want to sell immediately instead of having them sent right back to Apple, QA'd, and put on the refurb list.
Is this true? I dunno. This is a rumours site, after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.