Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalduck

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Hey guys,

I just bought my shields from SGP, but I am in need of a back. I was looking at the carbon back from SGP as well because it “looks” thicker or more durable than just a skin from like gelaskins or something… I like all of the other skins I’ve seen, but are they as “thick” as the carbon back? Or are they all the same? If so then it opens up more options then just the carbon back…is it just the design which makes it look thicker or is it literally more cushioning?

I have a bumper and would like to use it as well

Thanks

JokerD

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
In my opinion, the carbon backs seem more durable than the regular clear skins such as Zagg etc. The one here is made by 3M and is also used on automotive applications, so it's meant to hold up well. It is also easier to install (no wet install required) and comes off without residue or being ruined so you can re-apply anytime. It is thicker than a regular skin, so it has a little more cushion, but it also works with the bumper.
Link

That's just my opinion as a former zagg user and current carbon skin user

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.