Any other uses for iPod Touch fifth generation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theapplefanboyj, Mar 20, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Since getting my iPhone 4s, I've realised my iPod Touch isn't getting enough love as it used to, and it being completely redundant. I don't want to sell it though, it has a bigger screen and I will definitely experience some remorse. What can I do with it without giving it away? :)

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I use mine to hold movies I have bought, generally ones that I've seen before and don't mind seeing again in a smaller screen size. Also TV shows, seasons of shows I liked well enough to buy. I keep the thing on my coffee table and when I need to babysit some updates or downloads or something on my laptop, I can just grab the iPod touch and pass the time watching a few scenes of some movie or TV episode. One eye on the laptop and the other on the iPod touch. Works for me.

Also I have a few complete time-wasters on there like Bejeweled for when some outfit's customer service process puts me on hold for ten minutes... mindless activity for mindless moments, seems only right. Keeps my temper in check, basically.

3. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have an expensive dock for the iPod and don't have one for the iPhone. That's a good thing though. Audio for the iPod!

4. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. $M.H$ macrumors member

I have iPod touch 5 ,, it is ROCK !
    Games , Social media , YouTube , movies , music , Web surf , every thing !
    :D

*sorry for my English , I am learning :)

6. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I would do if I only had an iPod touch, but I also have a 4s.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Your English is better that some people I know who speak it as their main language :D

My daughter has one and loves it. She's on it all the time for the same reasons.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Sell your Touch 5 and iPhone 4S this fall when the iPhone 6 comes out. Then use the money to get an iPhone 6.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

^^^I like this idea.

If you really wanted to hold onto it OP, I would suggest filling it with some movies, books, music, whatever you like and carry it around as a portable media device.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I use mine as a backup or as a second iOS device. When I'm traveling the iPod becomes my second mp3 player so that I can save the battery on my iPhone. Daily trips I like to use my iPod in the gym vs the iPhone. Most of my games are on the iPod. My iPhone I keep those apps that I use daily.

11. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

It is redundant, you said it yourself and you are right.

Movie = screen too small?
    Music = take the least out of your iphone battery, why need ipod?
    game = casual ios games dont need separate device for
    web = screen too small?

I say you keep your 4s and replace the ipod with acual handheld gaming device. Trust me, u will enjoy it more.

12. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I feel too attached to it. Right now im using it as my phones being serviced, god knows how long for

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Remote for your tv/hifi with a wifi/bt dongle, og media center remote.

14. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

-alarm clock

-you can leave it the bathroom when your sitting in your throne to update yourself on the news, Facebook, twitter

-you can take it to your bed when your up late night and don't want to raise a huge iPad to your face to read or surf the web