Any overear headphones that can be used while jogging/sports?

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Hey all

Earpods + In-Eat Headphones don't seem to work well with me. Even with all the little tips, I can't find a size that will make the headphone stay in my ear throughout a jog or exercise.

Is there a decent selection of sport over ear headphones, or will I just have to constantly keep sticking my s4i's in my ears canal everytime they fall off

slcseas

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
I use the original on ear beats wireless. I've used them 4-5 times a week for 18 months now. They are pricey obv, but have been the only bluetooth headphones I've used that don't suck in one way or another. the battery lasts forever, they have a snug fit and are comfortable for long period. The design makes them pretty immune to sweat too, unless it pours from your inner ear.

Edit: This is for jogging only. They won't stay put if you are jumping, cutting etc.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I use these and absolutely love them! I had the same problem of earbuds not staying in my ears, and getting tired of the wires in general. Sweat would also go into my ears and eventually kill the earbuds. Don't have that problem with these. They are smaller and lighter than they look in the photos. I barely even notice I have them on once I start running.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH240..._1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1412699691&sr=1-2

Last edited by a moderator:

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Someone linked Beats Studio as their workout/jogging pair

:eek:

seems so bulky and like...easy to be subject of a robbery. I guess you would have a headstart if you're jogging :p

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY

seems so bulky and like...easy to be subject of a robbery. I guess you would have a headstart if you're jogging :p
Where I work I see people jogging in their Studio's all the time. It makes me laugh every time.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007

Who would go jogging with headphones that expensive? Also, who would buy headphones that are that expensive? (Especially when the sound quality is overblown and generally poor.) :D

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Hey all

Earpods + In-Eat Headphones don't seem to work well with me. Even with all the little tips, I can't find a size that will make the headphone stay in my ear throughout a jog or exercise.

Is there a decent selection of sport over ear headphones, or will I just have to constantly keep sticking my s4i's in my ears canal everytime they fall off
Don't give up in the S4i. What you need is foam tips.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/S-100/

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAYLF1-10-Universal-Yellow-Sleeves/dp/B003Y586K4

These will solve all of your problems. They won't fall out unless tugged.

I like the shure best. Last longer and higher quality. They take a little more pressure to install, but work fantastically.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011

Jill1228

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

I see them quite a bit in the gym I go to. I have no problem wearing them in suburbia. If I was jogging along Lake Michigan in Chicago, I might not use them. (I'm in Iowa)

repentix

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013
I use my Superlux HD 668Ds when I go jogging. They may seem bulky to some, but they completely cover my ears and they dont really interfer. In addition I can also change the cable to any kind of length cable I want and their sound is superb.In reality I am just too scrooge to buy other headphones and I have gotten so used to the sound of my trusty superluxes.

The best headphones I know of to go jogging are those which use the same technology google glass uses to transmit sound,so you can hear what goes on around you whilst also hearing your music, philips produces a pair of wireless ones.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.