Any overear headphones that can be used while jogging/sports?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SonRK, Sep 30, 2014.

1. SonRK macrumors 6502

Hey all

Earpods + In-Eat Headphones don't seem to work well with me. Even with all the little tips, I can't find a size that will make the headphone stay in my ear throughout a jog or exercise.

Is there a decent selection of sport over ear headphones, or will I just have to constantly keep sticking my s4i's in my ears canal everytime they fall off

2. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

3. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I've recommended these to others.. They're very good..

Attached Files:

4. slcseas macrumors newbie

I use the original on ear beats wireless. I've used them 4-5 times a week for 18 months now. They are pricey obv, but have been the only bluetooth headphones I've used that don't suck in one way or another. the battery lasts forever, they have a snug fit and are comfortable for long period. The design makes them pretty immune to sweat too, unless it pours from your inner ear.

Edit: This is for jogging only. They won't stay put if you are jumping, cutting etc.

5. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

I have these: Beats Studio. Love them

Attached Files:

6. Vertigo50, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014

Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I use these and absolutely love them! I had the same problem of earbuds not staying in my ears, and getting tired of the wires in general. Sweat would also go into my ears and eventually kill the earbuds. Don't have that problem with these. They are smaller and lighter than they look in the photos. I barely even notice I have them on once I start running.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH240..._1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1412699691&sr=1-2

[​IMG]

7. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Retro is in style, I would recommend this:

Attached Files:

8. SonRK thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone linked Beats Studio as their workout/jogging pair

:eek:

seems so bulky and like...easy to be subject of a robbery. I guess you would have a headstart if you're jogging :p

9. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Where I work I see people jogging in their Studio's all the time. It makes me laugh every time.

10. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Who would go jogging with headphones that expensive? Also, who would buy headphones that are that expensive? (Especially when the sound quality is overblown and generally poor.) :D

11. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Don't give up in the S4i. What you need is foam tips.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/S-100/

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAYLF1-10-Universal-Yellow-Sleeves/dp/B003Y586K4

These will solve all of your problems. They won't fall out unless tugged.

I like the shure best. Last longer and higher quality. They take a little more pressure to install, but work fantastically.

12. SonRK thread starter macrumors 6502

13. iuserman macrumors member

lol, this would be perfect for my morning run

14. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

15. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

I see them quite a bit in the gym I go to. I have no problem wearing them in suburbia. If I was jogging along Lake Michigan in Chicago, I might not use them. (I'm in Iowa)

16. repentix, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

repentix macrumors regular

I use my Superlux HD 668Ds when I go jogging. They may seem bulky to some, but they completely cover my ears and they dont really interfer. In addition I can also change the cable to any kind of length cable I want and their sound is superb.In reality I am just too scrooge to buy other headphones and I have gotten so used to the sound of my trusty superluxes.

The best headphones I know of to go jogging are those which use the same technology google glass uses to transmit sound,so you can hear what goes on around you whilst also hearing your music, philips produces a pair of wireless ones.