Any palm Pre plus switchers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, May 21, 2010.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Since the palm pre plus just released for AT&T. I was curious to known if anyone has switched from their iPhone to the Pre Plus. I would much prefer web OS over android, and it would be second pick from my 3GS. I feel it's time for a change maybe for me. I wouldn't mind keeping the 3GS, yet I'm willing to try web OS, they've been keeping up with updates so it only progresses. Just would like to see if anyone switched and how they feel about the change, or if anyone is debating.

Appreciate it

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

why???
    palm is dead and people have no idea how HP is going to position the brand. There's no apps, the phone feels plasticy, the supposed iPhone killer is an utter failure. Why would someone switch a great phone with over a 100k of apps for a device that failed to gain any traction.

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I would choose web os over android anyday. Why? I just simply don't find anything about android attractive since I had the nexus one. I switched a week later back to my 3GS. Web os has always been something I'd use if I wasn't an iPhone user. I'm just looking into trying something different. I feel the web OS platform is elegant and clean, simple. Does what it needs to just like any other phone OS on the market. Each OS does thing in a different way and that's what I like, change. I get bored easily so I'd like to try something else. Just want others feed back on if they've switched or are thinking about it.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had (and will probably go back) the N1. I can't answer about the webos.

I have heard positive things about the OS, but a smart phone isn't just an OS. Its a vehicle to 1. Makes calls and 2. Run apps. The latter is what is woefully missing on the palm. Even with HP's purchase, Palm is going to have a hard time luring developers, especially given the popularity of android and the dominance of the iPhone.

HP has a good history of buying companies and not leveraging their potential, just look at the iPaq PDA. Or their merger with compaq. I'm not so sure HP's purchase of them is the best move for their phone products. For their investors yeah but for the smartphones - the jury is out.

I suspect many people are taking a wait and see attitude and that can only be bad news for palm since that digs them into a deep hole as well.

Good luck with the palm pre, but if you want true multitasking android is the way to go. If you want full apple integration (mobile me, itunes etc) then the iPhone is a good choice.

Regards
    Mike

5. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I never said I was set on actually getting the Pre just curious about it. As far as the phone itself. I believe the pre "makes calls to 1. Makes calls and 2. Run apps" it does it very well. May not have all the apps the iPhone has but it has the apps that are needed and wanted. All I use app wise are accuweather, Twitter app, facebook. I am sure Palm has that. As far as multitasking goes I really cannot agree with you on how androids multitasking system is better than the pres. The cards they use for multitasking is the best I've seen yet as far as multitasking can go hands down. Can you give me an example on how you feel the android multitasking system is superior? I can find nothing at all. I tried when using the N1, I've used the demo pre in stores. The card system, does exactly what it should I couldn't see any other way to do it any better.