Any "perfect" case-friendly glass SP's?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davistld01, Dec 19, 2014.

1. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I think we've pretty much determined from the "Holy Grail" thread that virtually none of the full-coverage glass screen protectors currently available for the iPhone 6/6+ allow for the use of the Apple Leather case without resulting in either the corners of the SP lifting up immediately upon trying to install the case...or it slowly happening on it's own. This is a bummer...but it's a fact.

So...is anybody using a non-full-coverage glass SP that is "case friendly" (meaning there is a slight gap between the SP edges and the phone screen edges) that has not had problems with...

1. The edges not staying adhered?
    2. The said edges sticking out from the phone screen so that they are vunerable to catching on things?
    3. The said "sticking out" edges developing chips, cracks or breaking altogether?
    4. Not being able to install them "perfectly" so that the above things happen?

In short...who is using what they consider to be the "perfect" glass SP? Can you provide pics and links to a purchase point?

2. brucecottonmout macrumors member

ummm, no, seemingly no one has that. There's not much to be said about it

3. TonyGstring macrumors member

have u checked out anker's non full screen protector? http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Tempered-Protector-Scratch-Terminator/dp/B00ME0AD7Y/

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

my Nilkin glass protector installed perfectly he first time, is case friendly with my Diztronic case however itsnt as oleophobic as i first thought. not bad for $9.

5. Paco II macrumors 65816

To OP, emphatic yes. My Zagg glass is perfect in all the ways you are asking. I've given up on edge to edge and happily returned to the Zagg. In addition to the 4 points you've mentioned, the glass is buttery smooth, and their warranty policy is amazing.

6. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I had TWO ZAGG Glass SP's on my iPhone 6...one developed chipping on the edge, the replacement ZAGG sent me shattered to the left of the home button. My feeling is that they NEED an amazing warranty because the product is a fail...or at least it was to me, and for a while I felt the same way you do. Very disappointing. I have ordered a ZAGG HDX as a replacement for the second ZAGG Glass, since I've never had issues with non-glass screen protectors.

----------

It isn't compatible with the Apple leather case, or any other case with a "lip" that protects the screen from damage if it's laid down screen down.

7. DaBossIsHere macrumors regular

Do you think the exposed curved glass that is not covered by the Zagg will get scratched with time? That's my onl fear with non-edge-to-edge screen protectors.

8. Paco II macrumors 65816

We're these early versions? I've only had mine for about 1 month, and I've had no chipping whatsoever. And definitely no shattering. Same situation with wife's. Both on iPhone 6.

----------

Since this thread is specifically about case friendly SPs it is unlikely since that area would be covered by the case.

9. davistld01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

davistld01

10. Paco II macrumors 65816

I've heard others indicate such.

11. STC macrumors 6502a

Same here. I love the Nilkin glass for my iPhone 6.

12. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

I have the zagg invis shield glass (case friendly version) and I havent tried a case yet that has lifted it or touched it in anyway.

I have tried a lot of cases.

The trick is to make sure its align just perfectly. There is a very small amount of room to play with, so if its off when you place it, it might catch on the corner of a tight case.

I am using the apple silicon case and its perfect. In fact, people at work want to pay me to put theirs on for them. I told them how i do it and its super easy..just do it after a nice hot shower where the moisture in the air is high. This keeps the dust down to a minimum.