Any permanent solution to wi-fi issues after 3.1.2 upgrade??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by koobcam321, Nov 10, 2009.

1. koobcam321 macrumors newbie

Guys, yesterday upgraded iphone 3G from 3.1 to 3.1.2. Then it is not detecting any networks. Specifying a particular network to connect also seem useless. Reset network settings, then reset all settings, tried airplane mode off and on, then did a hard reset and restored the iphone to original factory settings (but itunes automatically installs 3.1.2). STILL NO WI-FI DETECTED.

Finally decided to seek if there is any permanent solution for this issue. I too tried various posts across web, but didnt get to see any permanent answer. If there is a solution i had missed reading, you could share.....that would be simply GREAT!!!!

2. koobcam321 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi...i am still waiting to get my iphone connected to wi-fi....

meanwhile i downgraded from 3.1.2 to 3.1...but no difference...still no wireless networks detected.....

i want to do an unlock using blackra1n but i should connect to internet using wi-fi before invoking that application....this wi-fi issue is very frustrating.....:confused:

appreciate your help or suggestions......

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I would try reinstalling 3.1.2 in DFU mode and see if that helps.

My experience of this is confused a bit by my Blackra1n install, but when I couldn't get any wi-fi, reinstalling in DFU got it back.

4. koobcam321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Moi for the suggestion. I tried reinstalling 3.1.2 in DFU mode, but that still didnt get the wi-fi detected.

Apple should come out with a solution for this bug. I am planning to talk to apple support. will see what happens........