Any photographers using the white iPad?

truthiness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I know the common wisdom is to get a black bezeled iPad if you plan on showcasing photographs in a portfolio setting due to the frame 'disappearing' when viewing. I had a black iPad 1 but am finding myself drawn to the white iPad now that I'm upgrading, but am not sure that's the best choice. I know it's entirely subjective, but I'm interested in other photographers thoughts.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I know the common wisdom is to get a black bezeled iPad if you plan on showcasing photographs in a portfolio setting due to the frame 'disappearing' when viewing. I had a black iPad 1 but am finding myself drawn to the white iPad now that I'm upgrading, but am not sure that's the best choice. I know it's entirely subjective, but I'm interested in other photographers thoughts.
Go with black, but that's me.

I find that when trying to correct for white balance, the white bezel can throw off my perception of color.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Photo

I went black because I enjoy watching pictures in my iPad. I couldn't stand the white bezel plus the black bars on the screen. Too busy.

teski

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
I think the black thing is way overhyped with regard to photographs. I've had two white ipads now and am a part-time pro. I've edited and shown a ton of photos on my white iPads without any issue.

mikepas

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I had a white iPad 2 and now a white New iPad and I find it really doesn't detract from the photos when I'm showing them or editing them. If anything the lack of smudges along the sides helps. My first iPad sucked with the black bezel and all the fingerprints.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
If your photos are good, no one will care what color your iPad is. Has no one ever seen a print mounted in a white frame before???