Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I want to order another band but can't find real life pics of the sports watch with other bands. Not the sports bands obviously.

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I've been looking forward to seeing this also. I think the leather loops may look pretty good on the Sport.

anez

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
I'd like to see some more of these as well-- who wants to share? The generated images from the Mix site are helpful, but real-world images look, at least in my opinion, vastly different.

I'm still pretty irritated that the leather loop (no metal connection) isn't available for the 38 Sports, to be honest, since I think it will go well with the 42s. Hoping third party bands address this issue soon!

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Mine with my Milanese Loop.

IMG_1320.JPG

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I agree, the aluminum really only works well with the sport bands, I find the leather bands/milanese loop look out of place.

I think that is a major reason we are not seeing many photos of aluminum watches and different bands. That plus the fact if you are going to spend $150+ on a non-sport band you probably got the SS.

mostlydave

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
It looks fine to me, I think the reason Apple didn't sell the silver sport body with any of those bands is because it looks to close the more expensive SS models.

I also think you're not seeing a lot of pics of different bands because they've been very slow shipping them out. I ordered a black sport band on launch day and it won't be arriving until around June 1st, from what I've seen here on the forum there's just not a lot of extra bands out there

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
I think that is a major reason we are not seeing many photos of aluminum watches and different bands. That plus the fact if you are going to spend $150+ on a non-sport band you probably got the SS.

Or you got a Sport and another band for cheaper than a SS. To each his or her own....

The band also theoretically has a longer life than the watch when v2 of the watch comes out.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Or you got a Sport and another band for cheaper than a SS. To each his or her own....

The band also theoretically has a longer life than the watch when v2 of the watch comes out.

The cheapest non-sport band is $150. I just think the person looking to save money by getting the aluminum is less likely to get the $150 band.

Also, there is no guarantee the bands will work with gen 2. Knowing apple they will not work b.c the new watch will be thinner.

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
The cheapest non-sport band is $150. I just think the person looking to save money by getting the aluminum is less likely to get the $150 band.

Also, there is no guarantee the bands will work with gen 2. Knowing apple they will not work b.c the new watch will be thinner.

I did it ;)

I highly suspect the bands will be the same even with a thinner form factor given the fact you can buy bands separately and their cost. That is purely a guess though...

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I did it ;)

I highly suspect the bands will be the same even with a thinner form factor given the fact you can buy bands separately and their cost. That is purely a guess though...

I hope so. I am on the fence if I want the SS Link. If I 100% knew it would work with gen 2 I would buy it today.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Actually the only reason I ordered the Silver Sport Watch with a sport band is to possibly speed up receiving it. (I have a July shipping date). I plan on getting a Milanese Loop for it and may have it before the watch arrives. I'll keep and use the sport band for things like running and gym workouts while using the Milanese Loop for everything else.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

That's only true for people who got the Sport to save money. There are other reasons for getting the Sport over SS. Some people (myself included) prefer the look of the aluminum over that of stainless steel.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009

This is like the 8 millionth time I've read this in this forum. Man I hope not. I wish Apple would quit with the thin crap and give us more features and battery, especially in the iPhone.

The watch is already insanely light. I don't want it any lighter.

For the record, I ordered a blue leather loop for my sport as well. Should be here end of month. And I have plenty of money. I just didn't see the point of the Stainless steel for the first go around. But thanks for constantly judging us SS users!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.