Any Pilots out there use ForeFlight?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Sep 2, 2012.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I am a student pilot and all of my instructors have recommend ForeFlight. Does anyone here have any experience with the app?

2. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

I'll ask him when he comes back from France' with my dessert.
    [​IMG]

3. JohnOCFII macrumors newbie

Foreflight is a well designed, full featured flight planning, weather gathering, and chart viewing application. I've used it on my iPad and iPhone for two years. There are other good competitors out there too - WingX and the new Garmin App come to mind. Foreflight is the market leader and seems a bit more polished than WingX. I have not tried the Garmin App.

The yearly cost of the chart subscriptions is quite a bit less than you would end up paying for just a small set of coverage on paper charts. The ability to have VFR and IFR charts easily downloaded to your IOS device every 28 or 56 days is great.

If you have both an iPad and iPhone, one subscription covers both devices. The iPhone, while smaller, makes an excellent backup to the iPad when in flight. I stopped carrying paper charts a year ago.

John

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I did use Foreflight when I was under the FAA system, now I'm in EASA land. I still use Foreflight from time to time though.

It's good though.