Any place where AppStore/iTunes metadata and app descriptions are discussed?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by idelovski, Mar 20, 2012.

1. idelovski macrumors regular

Any place where AppStore/iTunes metadata and app descriptions are discussed? For example, one of my applications has A, B, C and D as keywords, but you can find it in iTunes only by searching for keywords A and B. Plus, it doesn't show in browse mode. I have two apps sold worldwide and you can find one in that browse thing in iTunes, but not the other.

Must be something I'm not doing right.

2. Greencardman, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012

Greencardman macrumors 6502

Are you browsing from a supported device? I kept wondering why I couldn't see our iPad magazine in the App store until I figured out Apple doesn't show iPad apps to people browsing the App store on their iPhone and vice versa (if the iPad app isn't universal).

3. Greencardman macrumors 6502

What are the keywords? Also, I assume you've waited a few days since your submission was accepted. I noticed it takes some time for the app to percolate through Apple's servers and show up in search/browse, etc.

4. idelovski thread starter macrumors regular

Tried everything, iPad, iPhone, Mac. Same results.

The keyword are "SlideShow, Image Search, Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr, Dropbox Photos, Flick Interestingness". This is for the latest version. Original version from January had "SlideShow, Image Search, Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr" only. That is why I have "Dropbox Photos" now, but nothing changed. You can find me by searching for Slideshow, Facebook or Flickr. Dropbox, Google or Bing keywords still don't bring my application.

Just to make things clear, googling on Google (or doing the Bing thing on Bing) would find me.