Any podcasts on how to podcast?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by eclipse, Mar 3, 2009.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if there are any free podcasts on how to run a really cool podcast? Something that might spice up an interview, how to motivate an activist group to run a podcast, costs, things to be aware of, integrating Skype calls and interviews, etc?

I'm wondering how it all works, from whether garageband is the best home podcast software to whether headset microphones are "good enough" or should we get our "experts" that I hope to interview one day to buy better microphones for their Skype call, and how to I record a Skype call anyway?

Any advice much appreciated.

2. adameels macrumors member

I haven't listen to podcasts in ages, but I when used to subscribe to mostly tech podcasts, most if not all of them would mention podcast tips or recent changes they've made to the production of their podcast...

so even though there is no specific one on podcast production, their will many tech podcasts that will often mention how they did it. I'm about to start one myself, not about tech but music, hopefully this month.

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Please let me know here and I'll subscribe.

I'm not just interested in the technical stuff, but the "pre-podcast" preparation, as in say the Top 10 things to make a podcast interesting, reporting tips, interview tips, voice control tips, etc. Otherwise, even if the technical side of things is flawless the podcast itself might be a bit :eek: