Any point in trying to track until Apple charges credit card again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greyhounds4, Sep 16, 2014.

1. greyhounds4 macrumors member

My credit card had a temporary hold for the entire iPhone 6 Plus amount charged immediately after ordering it on the Apple Ap at 3:23AM on the 12th. Delivery has always been on 9/19. Temp charges have now fallen off the credit card account.

Is there any point in trying to track by reference number until the charge reappears on my credit card statement?

I know that in all likelihood my phone will appear on Friday at some point. But it does get just a wee bit discouraging when there is no info available on any of the pages. Account page still says Preparing to Ship as it has since dinner time last night. Support page has nothing. Fed Ex nothing. UPS has nothing.

Thanks for the understanding from this community. I know that this is really a minor blip in the great scheme of things. ;)

2. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Yes. Apple's massive supply chain means your phone will likely be well into the shipping process before the computers get around to charging your card and actually notifying you of the shipment.