iPhone Any point to saving iOS6.0 blobs using iFaith on iPhone4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by noil, Feb 27, 2014.

1. noil, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014

noil macrumors newbie

I am forced to upgrade to iOS7 with the security problem on this old iPhone4 I have bought. It was never updated to 6.1.3 so it's still the older iOS. Since it was never updated to 6.1.3, the only blob I could retrieve for it is 6.0 right? Would iFaith be able to retrieve any older blobs older than 6.0 on it? Would I use iFaith to retrieve the blobs first, then update to iOS7? And is there any reason why I should even bother getting the blobs since the ssl leaks are in this older iOS?

I am just learning about jailbreaking and wanted to make sure I am downloading the right items and didn't want to download any malware. Can someone link where the real iFaith is? And evasion? I read there were some earlier problems with evasion and iOS7 where there was malware embedded within the app itself, but it was fixed or removed recently?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'd still dump your iOS 6.0 blobs with iFaith regardless. You might not have any plans right now but who knows how that will change in the future

Get iFaith from here: http://ih8sn0w.com
    Evasion from here: evasi0n.com

No, iFaith only dumps the blobs for the iOS version you're on

There's always SSLPatch if you want to go back to iOS 6 from iOS 7

It was not a malware, just blown out of proportion. It's gone now though

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The previous owner might have saved some of the iOS6 SHSH (unlikely if it was not ever jailbroken).

It is too late to save any iOS6 SHSH unless your phone is currently on an iOS6 firmware. So if you are trying to say it is on 6.0, then use iFaith to save the 6.0 SHSH.

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

You can't save blobs unless the iOS version is being signed.