Any possibility that iPhone 5 launch will be global?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emir, Aug 8, 2011.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Hello everyone we all are expecting an iphone 5 launch this fall with the release of the new iOS. Thing is i am waiting for the iPhone 5 from the beginning of the Spring. A lot of time. I'm hanging in there with a crappy old iPhone 3G, extremely slow and exteremely ugly (something years gave it to her). I dropped it on the floor for the billionth time last week and the iner lcd cracked giving me the white screen of death.

Now i gave it to a repair shop for an LCD change but i don't wanna live with that anymore i want an iPhone 5.

Anyways, proceeding to my point, i live in Turkey and all iPhone releases are like 3-4 months after the US release. Do you think is there a possibilty of a global launch this time, from keeping me waiting?

I would buy a simlock free version from the US but rumors are saying there's a possibility of a integrated sim.

So what's your comments on my situation and iPhone 5 launch/countries.

Thanks for the reading and replies,

cheers;

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Their's always a possibility, but we won't know until Apple makes the official announcement.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The reason for delay isn't always down to apple and stock issues it's 9/10 local regulatory constraints for the broadcasting strengths etc.

4. Aadi93 macrumors newbie

I think this time the Iphone is going to be released in all countries at the same time. It will be a global release. This will somehow increase the sales considerably. Furthermore, this time Apple has to take this fact under consideration that millions of people are waiting for their phone to release and won't like to wait an extra 4 months. So in my opinion, there is a high probability. [​IMG]

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple currently sells the iPhone in almost 90 countries. I find it very unlikely that the next iPhone will have a global release.

The iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS both originally shipped to 20+ countries, but the iPhone 4 only shipped to 5 countries, but with all 3 of those releases Apple announced that by the end of Sept they will have released it to all 88 countries. I believe this year will follow the same shipping pattern.

6. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Following your thought, the iphone would've been released globally already due to the iPhone 4 speculations and wait by the people.

7. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

I don't think so... I don't wont to be a downer, but it seems impossible to launch a device universally on launch date, just because it takes longer to make deals with other countries than it is for others. Apple has done this same thing whenever releasing the iPhone, just because of deals with the country, and to slowly give out the iPhone over a period of time.

Seeing as Apple cannot make enough for everyone at launch, launching the main countries first, then the others later, helps to have a stable supply of iPhones at launch....

Although, you can hope to see if its a global launch on launch day....