Any possibility that the second gen ipad might come out before xmas?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JoEw, Nov 9, 2010.

1. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

I normally wait for second gen products when i buy stuff from apple, i got an iphone 3g i got a ipod nano 2nd gen and i got the second gen ipod mini. But i was hoping to get an ipad as my christmas gift but like i said i wanna wait for the second gen product. I was hoping there might be some rumor saying apple will release an iPad before it's expected announcement timeframe beginning of 2011.

Also why wouldn't apple release it's next big product before the holidays?
    6 month release cycles would give apple a huge leg up in tablets before competition starts selling.

2. detoxguy, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010

detoxguy macrumors member

no chance.

To release before Christmas would mean they would already have to be in production and that has not happened.

3. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Not a cat in bells chance. My guesstimate is for March / April next year. Double the RAM to 512, FaceTime camera, higher res screen, ability to print. :D

Buy now, you will have lots of time not feeling screwed by Apple

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

As everyone else said there is no chance of that happening. October is the latest in the year Apple ever updates products and that is passed. So no update for the rest of the year at least.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Macbooks has been updated in November several times.

Although I agree that the iPad is going to be on a 1 year cycle, hence no updates until April.

6. lozpop macrumors 6502

The current iPad is the most successful tablet on the planet, with 85% of the market.
    The question is another. Why would Apple release too early its next big product before the holidays when the current is selling millions and millions and it has to be launched in a lot of other countries yet?

7. lethalillness macrumors member

I've been having the sample dilemma but I know the current gen iPad is cool enough plus I'm more than sure second gen won't be til at least March/April.

8. bri1212 macrumors 6502

The simple answer is NO.

9. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Exactly - it makes more sense to update the iPad during the part of the year that is traditionally slow for technology.

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Not gonna happen at all. Just as the others have said, the timeframe for the iPad release is April of next year if we follow Apple's historical way of releasing products on an annual basis.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The only answer is NO.

12. Built macrumors 68020

13. ajones46 macrumors 6502

14. fivenotrump macrumors regular

15. alexalas macrumors newbie

I'm agree with everybody... Zero Chance.
    So, buy now and begin to enjoy it. :)

16. IamHermann0069 macrumors member

IamHermann0069

NO NO NO NO!!!!!
    No again, and for SO MANY OBVIOUS REASONS.

1. Don't you think it would be on the shelves already? It is near the middle of November, and most people are already out Christmas Shopping! (One of my neighbors already has lights and a tree up) LOL

2. We would have had some sort of announcement already. The announcement for the last iPad came shortly after christmas and the release of the product was not until the end of April.

3. The iPad is one of Apple's top selling devices. They have no need to release a new one early, because let's face it... The iPad competition (or lack there of) SUCKS!

4. Apple likes to wait at least a year before updating a line of products. I think people finally stopped "speculating" that Apple would release a new iPhone before the usual July date, because it NEVER happens. iPad is, and will continue to be no different.

5. The biggest rumor of an iPad before Christmas, was the release of the 7 inch ipad. THANK GOD Apple already crushed that rumor.

6. Please refer to the rest of the forum. This rumor has already been killed soooooooo many times. I hope this is the end of the pre-Christmas iPad questions.

17. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

I think this is the only thread in MacRumors which everybody is on the same boat. :D

18. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I agree about everything in your post except this:

If Apple announced a new iPad and only released it a few months later they would have virtually no sales during those months. It's only for the first generation of products that they announce it and only release it a few months later.

19. poloponies macrumors 68030

As all have pointed out "because it doesn't need to." Not to come across as an Apple apologist, and there's likely a middle-ground "sweet spot" but I find the "updated product every few months" policy equally irritating. I'm almost thankful that iPhones update once a year, seeing the perpetually updating Blackberry/Pre/Android world gets more thana little irritating in that they're clearly not all improvements (and some are outright duds). Better to make a good (if imperfect) product and then build on it over time than pop in a new doo-dad or feature and call it innovation.

20. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Any chance people will use the search feature to read threads that have already discussed this topic?

21. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

LOL That was funny.

Yeah, some days I peek at the forum topics and think: "Gee, didn't I reply to this one already? I remember writing a whole big reply about how Apple won't announce version 2 more than a week or so before it ships, etc..."

Then I realize it's just the weekly re-asking of the question.

Hey, a bunch of us are regular posters on this Forum. Do you think we should make an FAQ with all of these really common questions? I'd certainly be willing to help with that.

(The question is, will anyone bother to read the FAQ?)

22. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

I hate it when people always ask this. No, it won't be out by Christmas. It's insane to think that there is even a chance. Just wait until April or buy now.

23. pdawg macrumors regular

Doubtful for Christmas. I have the first generation iPad, and it is truly wonderful. I am usually not an early adopter due to potential for bugs, issues, etc. But this is a well designed electronic device. Look what happened with the new iPhone: NOT first generation but it has its own set of issues. Second generation is no guarantee of better quality.