Any Possiblity Apple will give me express shipping for free?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eric Lewis, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Right now i have regular shipping on my iMac and it has not been shipped yet? If i call apple and talk to them is there any chance they will upgrade my shipping? i want my iMac sooner! its a baseline 2.0ghz

2. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

...No.

EDIT: And just to clarify, "no" means "not for free". If you wanted to PAY for express shipping and it hasn't shipped yet, that might be a different story. But I wouldn't call them expecting a free handout unless you enjoy being laughed at.

3. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Well

I just got off the phone with Apple and they said "well were not supposed to do this" but sure we will upgrade you to express shipping....! so it worked...i talked to the lady nicely and explained why i need it asap and she did it! so call apple people!

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Just to clarify, did she do this free of charge? Or did you pay the extra cost?

5. moez macrumors regular

I am pretty sure he got the express shipping for FREE. I just got mine MBP also express shipped for free. I just called them and asked if something could be done for the 7-10 waiting day as I am leaving the true (true I am leaving the country). Person said nothing could be done for the waiting time but would upgrade my shipping to the 2day thingy. FedEx still took 5 days to deliver but atleast got the product on time.

Its worth a try atleast!

6. ascender macrumors 68000

I've heard of them upgrading it for free before, but sometimes it doesn't seem to make things happen much quicker unfortunately.

7. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

they actually do it quite often, if you speak to them nicely and explain the situation. you have to realize that its easy as putting in a couple of keystrokes, and they're more than willing to help you.

but, it doesnt necessarily mean you'll get the computer faster. it still depends on how fast they get your your computer built and shipped off from the warehouse.

8. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

9. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

When I ordered my C2D MB on the release day, I paid for express shipping, and I guy I was talking to who lived an hour away from me didn't pay for it and we both received our MBs on the same day. It made me kinda mad I paid for express shipping for no reason, but I was happy to have my MB. I didn't bother calling them just to fight with them about express shipping.

The Stig

10. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

ok

People who want there mac sooner? just call support..and explain why you need it sooner...(i said it was for a university student and they move out sept 2nd..) and she said oh ok no problem..and that was it...give it a shot...it doesnt hurt to ask

11. aljlin macrumors regular

From my experience, and my friend's experience (I have one mbp, and he's had a couple macs at this point), if you live in the west coast somewhere, especially if you are close to a larger distribution post, express shipping is a waste of money since the products are shipping from Asia (at least computers . . .) and you receive it in the same time. My computer shipped and was received in 2 days time. Shipped tuesday (day after christmas), and was at my house on thursday same week. Other locations, may be different as it may arrive in the west coast and the product is then ground shipped from there to wherever. I'm in sf bay area, cali.

12. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i wouldnt say the east coast where i live! but im in London Ontario Canada...so its east compared to sf.... so it will bring it 1week faster

13. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Express shipping is a complete waste of money if purchased on custom built or items shipped from China.

Apple ships all computers that are not in their distribution centers directly from their respected factories in China. All computers are shipped via FedEx IP Direct Distribution. Basically, orders are drop shipped in bulk (on a crate) until they reach a major freight hub. At the major hub they seperated and distributed to their regional hubs, and then delivered to you at an expedited rate (generally priority AM 2-4 business days local destination time from shipment).

In the past, pre-ordered items such as Mac OS X Upgrades are shipped at once via 2-day or overnight from Apple's distribution center for delivery on release day. Again, express shipping would make no difference. Everyone will (in theory) get their items the same day.

14. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Was this thread really necessary? You could've just called and asked from the get go...it's not like anyone's responses here would effect the outcome.

15. James L macrumors 6502a

I have never, on 6 or 7 Macs, had express shipping. I have had every machine arrive within 3-4 days of leaving the factory.

Express shipping isn't worth the $$$, in my opinion.