Any potential for Mac Pro or Cinema display announcement at WWDC ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kieranm, May 19, 2007.

1. kieranm macrumors newbie

Hi folks, just before taking the plunge on buying a mac pro next week just wanted to check to see if anyone had any thoughts on any potential Mac Pro and Cinema Display changes ( such as built in iSight ) that could be announced at the WWDC conference in June based on previous history of announcements at this show or within the next month in general ? Thanks, Kieran, Ireland.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I think its quite likely that the displays will see an update. They recently had a price cut and there are quite a few rumoured improvements to be made:

LED backlighting
    Built in iSight
    Higher resolution (because Leopard will have resolution independence)
    Thickness (The bezels look quite thick, especially when using a dual setup)

3. Sharky II macrumors 6502a

Sharky II

4. spaz8 macrumors 6502

I'm waiting... ive waited this long for an update to the macpro, whats one more month.

5. bogg macrumors 6502

bogg

I'm waiting,

Buying a base model in june, if they've updated them by then it's fine. If they haven't well then I'll just have to buy it anyway

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

And if they don't get updated?

7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

And for the MP the only update would be better graphics cards, hopefully...

8. spaz8 macrumors 6502

I'll buy update or not.. I'm pretty much holding out for GPU update.. and would of liked an external case redesign.. but anyways.. even the 17month old 1900XT is lightyears faster than what i have now.. ill buy the 8-core for personal use and ride it out for 4 or 5 years like this box. I also get a discount where i work, and the taxes are the lowest in the country.. so buy before i change time zones again. Just wanna see if i can get a GPU made this year..

9. teohyc macrumors regular

teohyc

Most likely for the display.
    Hope for further price reduction too.

I don't think Mac Pro will be getting any upgrades.

10. Chromako macrumors member

Considering that there hasn't been too much news lately on the high-end workstation front from other companies like Intel, I sorta doubt that there's going to be anything too exciting regarding the Pro. With x86 processors we don't have the surprises like when we had PowerPC. :( Displays, though... I dunno. Hope for the best, expect nothing, and be happy either way because there's more important things in life? :D