Any PowerBeats 2 Owners?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by lupend88, Jun 4, 2015.

1. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

I am debating purchasing a pair of PowerBeats 2 wireless headphones to use solely with my Apple Watch for runs (I plan on leaving my iPhone at home). Does anyone have any experience with these when specifically paired with the watch?

2. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

3. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I have the PowerBeats2. They are great. I've only used them once when running with the Apple Watch, and it worked very well. I had been previously wearing it with my 6Plus, and had no issues. I highly recommend them for quality and perfect fit/comfort for exercising and running.

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Thinking about these as well, but been very satisfied with my Jaybird BlueBuds X. Battery life is also been keeping me from dropping $200 for more headphones. Highly recommended and pairs lovely to phone/watch.

5. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I bought them purposely once the watch arrive. I do love them, I love my studios more when at the gym. However, these are great for running.

6. lupend88 thread starter macrumors 6502

lupend88

Thanks for the feedback! I read a couple reviews where people were having trouble with the device unpairing somewhat frequently. Has this ever happened to you?

7. meikdunj macrumors member

Yes PB2 work great with my AW. No problem pairing or staying connected. Used for gym workouts...one of the best features of the AW IMO is not having to pair with your phone to listen to music.

8. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

Not at all. The only issue I ever had was that I had to buy a pack of additional cushions. The ones that came with it hurt my ears. Other than that, they have been awesome

9. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Saw a few posts that were complaining about incoming calls not getting routed to the PB2 automatically.

10. lupend88 thread starter macrumors 6502

lupend88

Do you mind linking me to which cushions you purchased? I only ask because my ears are smaller than normal and I'm worried these won't fit well enough to stay in my ear during workouts.

11. germanguy macrumors regular

HHGREG has them on sale for 150$. Bestbuy did a price match and I got 2 pairs, one for me and one for my wife.

12. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Have a link? Shows $199 on the site

13. germanguy macrumors regular

Bummer. Might be over then. I got them last week.

14. germanguy macrumors regular

Just did a search. Bitdazzle has them for 150. The blue ones.

15. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Thanks - pretty sure they only match major retail outlets and Amazon. Appreciate it though. Will keep looking for the price to drop again.

16. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

That must be the issue with my ears cause it hurt after a while. I purchased new cushions and also had the wire under my chin instead of around my neck and that helped big time.

I got a set of these: http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Sili...247&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone+in-ear+cushions

17. Mr Retina macrumors regular

Mr Retina

I love my Powerbeats 2's for exercising. They could be a bit cheaper, but the sound, fitting, and cable design are perfect for active people...FYI If you're gonna get some, I would wait till next week..A little bird tells me more colors are coming, that cater to the sport band owners out there ;)

18. zyr123 macrumors 6502

Blue bird jay buds x. Avoid beats like the plague. they are 120 $ on Amazon right now.

19. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

Where were you a week ago when I got mine for my birthday, lol.

20. H3rman macrumors 6502

I have a pair that I use with both my watch and phone. Works great for both. First pair I bought just stopped connecting to any device (iPhone, iPad, Watch) after just 2 weeks. Took it back to the store and the gave me a brand new set off the shelf. Said they would normally send them away for repair, but as they are only 2 weeks old they felt a replacment set was better. Also offered me a refund if I wanted it.

New set have been fine for about a month now. They also said that they will soon be able to service & repair Beats headphones in Apple Stores later this year which is always handy should something happen.

21. byiu macrumors newbie

PowerBeats 2 wireless headphones should pair fine with Apple watch with the latest Watch OS2 beta version.

For Watch OS1.0 or Watch OS1.1, it should work fine as well. You need to first pair the bluetooth headphones/earbuds then use the music app.

The only different between the Watch OS1.0, 1.1 or OS2 is the music sync option. Noticed that watch OS1.0 and 1.1, you need to hold the screen while in the music app to get the hidden option for the watch directly install music from your iPhone. For watch OS2, this option is showing on the screen when you scroll up the knot or the screen itself. Then all the music can play natively on your Apple Watch.

Byiu
    Apple Watch OS2 beta
    Iphone 6 OS beta 9.5

22. hubieonekanubie macrumors regular

hubieonekanubie

I have them and they work great. My first pair died for no appearant reason and apple promptly replaced them. Have had no issues since.

23. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

My have worked great for the last couple of months, except the rubber button cover came off. Apple replaced it promptly. My wife just got a pair after trying and disliking the $20 Mpow headphones from Amazon. Best Buy currently has the Beats on sale for $130.