Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I am debating purchasing a pair of PowerBeats 2 wireless headphones to use solely with my Apple Watch for runs (I plan on leaving my iPhone at home). Does anyone have any experience with these when specifically paired with the watch?

Reactions: ZeRoLiMiT

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I am debating purchasing a pair of PowerBeats 2 wireless headphones to use solely with my Apple Watch for runs (I plan on leaving my iPhone at home). Does anyone have any experience with these when specifically paired with the watch?

I have the PowerBeats2. They are great. I've only used them once when running with the Apple Watch, and it worked very well. I had been previously wearing it with my 6Plus, and had no issues. I highly recommend them for quality and perfect fit/comfort for exercising and running.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thinking about these as well, but been very satisfied with my Jaybird BlueBuds X. Battery life is also been keeping me from dropping $200 for more headphones. Highly recommended and pairs lovely to phone/watch.

Reactions: techno-Zen

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
I bought them purposely once the watch arrive. I do love them, I love my studios more when at the gym. However, these are great for running.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I have the PowerBeats2. They are great. I've only used them once when running with the Apple Watch, and it worked very well. I had been previously wearing it with my 6Plus, and had no issues. I highly recommend them for quality and perfect fit/comfort for exercising and running.

Thanks for the feedback! I read a couple reviews where people were having trouble with the device unpairing somewhat frequently. Has this ever happened to you?

meikdunj

macrumors regular
May 21, 2015
Yes PB2 work great with my AW. No problem pairing or staying connected. Used for gym workouts...one of the best features of the AW IMO is not having to pair with your phone to listen to music.

Reactions: lupend88

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the feedback! I read a couple reviews where people were having trouble with the device unpairing somewhat frequently. Has this ever happened to you?

Not at all. The only issue I ever had was that I had to buy a pack of additional cushions. The ones that came with it hurt my ears. Other than that, they have been awesome

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Not at all. The only issue I ever had was that I had to buy a pack of additional cushions. The ones that came with it hurt my ears. Other than that, they have been awesome

Do you mind linking me to which cushions you purchased? I only ask because my ears are smaller than normal and I'm worried these won't fit well enough to stay in my ear during workouts.

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
HHGREG has them on sale for 150$. Bestbuy did a price match and I got 2 pairs, one for me and one for my wife.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Do you mind linking me to which cushions you purchased? I only ask because my ears are smaller than normal and I'm worried these won't fit well enough to stay in my ear during workouts.

That must be the issue with my ears cause it hurt after a while. I purchased new cushions and also had the wire under my chin instead of around my neck and that helped big time.

I got a set of these: http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Sili...247&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone+in-ear+cushions

Mr Retina

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
I love my Powerbeats 2's for exercising. They could be a bit cheaper, but the sound, fitting, and cable design are perfect for active people...FYI If you're gonna get some, I would wait till next week..A little bird tells me more colors are coming, that cater to the sport band owners out there ;)

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
Blue bird jay buds x. Avoid beats like the plague. they are 120 $ on Amazon right now.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
I love my Powerbeats 2's for exercising. They could be a bit cheaper, but the sound, fitting, and cable design are perfect for active people...FYI If you're gonna get some, I would wait till next week..A little bird tells me more colors are coming, that cater to the sport band owners out there ;)

Where were you a week ago when I got mine for my birthday, lol.

H3rman

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
I have a pair that I use with both my watch and phone. Works great for both. First pair I bought just stopped connecting to any device (iPhone, iPad, Watch) after just 2 weeks. Took it back to the store and the gave me a brand new set off the shelf. Said they would normally send them away for repair, but as they are only 2 weeks old they felt a replacment set was better. Also offered me a refund if I wanted it.

New set have been fine for about a month now. They also said that they will soon be able to service & repair Beats headphones in Apple Stores later this year which is always handy should something happen.

byiu

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2015

PowerBeats 2 wireless headphones should pair fine with Apple watch with the latest Watch OS2 beta version.

For Watch OS1.0 or Watch OS1.1, it should work fine as well. You need to first pair the bluetooth headphones/earbuds then use the music app.

The only different between the Watch OS1.0, 1.1 or OS2 is the music sync option. Noticed that watch OS1.0 and 1.1, you need to hold the screen while in the music app to get the hidden option for the watch directly install music from your iPhone. For watch OS2, this option is showing on the screen when you scroll up the knot or the screen itself. Then all the music can play natively on your Apple Watch.

Byiu
Apple Watch OS2 beta
Iphone 6 OS beta 9.5

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
I have them and they work great. My first pair died for no appearant reason and apple promptly replaced them. Have had no issues since.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
My have worked great for the last couple of months, except the rubber button cover came off. Apple replaced it promptly. My wife just got a pair after trying and disliking the $20 Mpow headphones from Amazon. Best Buy currently has the Beats on sale for $130.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.