Any pre order from Target in the past?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trojanfan80, Sep 14, 2014.

1. trojanfan80 macrumors member

Did it arrive on launch date? After an unsuccessful night on the 12th, I decided to give up and just wait. Later that day, I was at Target and saw that the mobile phone department opened at noon and would take pre orders. I completely forgot that they were doing that. I was the first of the day and I preordered a 6 for the wife and a plus for me. They took my name, number, email address, and then I had to buy a $25 gift card for each phone. The print out that he gave me didn't have a date. It just said, "You will receive a confirmation email once we have a confirmed pick up date for your phone." He said that it should be the 19th since I was the first of the day and that all preorders would be delivered on the same day. He also said that they would have no phones available for walk ins on the
    19th, only pre orders. I still haven't received my pick up date email. So, has anyone successfully used target for an iPhone pre order?

2. Gooberton macrumors 65816

OH HELL NO

I'm 100% serious when I say I haven't recieved my pickup date for my 5s

It's not a preorder. It's a reservation, and when thy don't get enough they will never call or email you and they won't care. I was PISSED last year. I ended up going to best buy launch day and thank goodness they had one I wanted. I called target 3 weeks later just to be a jerk. They still had nothing for me

3. trojanfan80 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for not using the search function. I just saw another thread from a few days ago asking the same thing. Here's to hoping!

4. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Of course this is only contingent on the fact that it's the same. For your sake I hope they are doing it differnt now

5. trojanfan80 thread starter macrumors member

If I don't have an email by Thursday, I'll call the number on the print out. If they don't have an answer, which I don't expect them to, I'll set my alarm and go line up at my local AT&T store at 1 am. The rep said the last 2 years people started lining up at 3 am so hopefully I can get a jump on everyone and be one of the first, if not the first, in line. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but she still loves me! We shop at Target all the time so the gift cards will definitely be used.

6. chris03 macrumors member

You won't have an email by Thursday, they'll email you when they get the phones in. So, at best, you'll get one Friday morning. Only reason I've preordered from Target in the past was b/c of the discount we get there. Can't beat 20% off.

Wife preordered the Gold 5S last year, and IIRC got it like a week or 2 after launch due to the limited gold supply. They had every other phone in except the gold ones, but she didn't mind waiting.