Any pre-order the Nintendo Switch to sell / profit?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Eggtastic, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

I was on the fence about this. I never jumped on the big console release to make a profit but I wish I did (especially when ps3 / 360 came out).

I was considering doing this for the Nintendo Switch, however there isn't really a strong release game wise and I am not sure the demand will be there for it (I could be wrong).

Anyone pre order a few just to sell and do you think you'll make some decent money off of it?

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I pre-ordered two just to make sure I get one ASAP on release day as I still haven't been able to find a Classic NES. They both are stating they arrive by 3/3/17. I ordered from two different retailers and got one with the grey joy-cons and one with the colored joy-cons. Not sure which I prefer yet.

At this time I'm not considering selling for a profit as I don't really care to do that. I will either keep one for my kids to have in their playroom or return it (or maybe sell on here or to a friend if they can't find one, but not for profit). Though the price of all the accessories might warrant making some profit on one of these. HA

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've got a preorder down but am always prepared to cancel it last minute if something puts me off it. As for making a profit off it? Nope, not for me. I don't like it when others do it and I'm after that item (like the NES Mini), so why would I act that way myself?

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Reggie has already emphasised that there likely won't be a major shortage of Switch consoles, so I wouldn't expect to earn much on doing this..

Of course, worst case you can play on it yourself. :p

5. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Yes people are scalping the Switch on places like ebay. If that's what you are asking.