Any prediction on in store availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Floydpink, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Floydpink macrumors member

I must be in a minority, but never preordered my phone and have walked up on launch day and gotten mine for a while.

Obviously this launch is a bit different.

I was originally skipping this model, but with Tmobile's promo on the trade in, am reconsidering.

I am not looking for a plus, will take any color besides rose gold as it will go in a case, and am happy with 32g.

My local store expects to have stock, for non plus and jet black models, in around 2 weeks.

Without a crystal ball, does this seem realistic?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    Meant to say no jet black models, which is fine with me.

2. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Two weeks seems reasonable for them to have some stock available, especially if you're not picky about which color you get.

3. weesy macrumors regular

I've found a few local carriers stores that already have stock again this morning after selling out yesterday. All regular 7s but a variety of colors. I would call around you can definitely find some.

4. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

I would also give the carrier store a call-- FWIW, AT&T has quite a bit of 7 stock in my area for in store pickup so I wouldn't be surprised if you could do the same at T-Mo.

5. weesy macrumors regular

At least 4 T-Mobile stores told me they had a couple this morning... now if only I could find a plus

6. Floydpink thread starter macrumors member

That's encouraging.

The stores in Orlando are saying everything from "probably 2 weeks" to "a while, we suggest ordering"

I'm not in a huge rush, but it seems like in store will beat the oct 10-29 estimated ship.

Does that seem logical for someone wanting a 7?

7. weesy macrumors regular

If you're looking for a regular 7 I would definitely call around, you're bound to find one in the next couple days. Finding one in store will definitely happen before yours gets shipped.

8. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

I'm wondering why they say check back at 12:01 tonight. Is there an actual chance of Sunday replenishment or they hold some stock from today?

9. Floydpink thread starter macrumors member

Is this TMobile?

I remember a website a few years ago called iStock or something like that that showed carriers with stock.

I was a lot more excited about that particular launch and saw a Sam's Club, believe it or not, an hour away with stock and left work to get it.

If this drags on too long, I will just bail on the 7, but have a feeling that after the initial rush calms down, there will be plenty of 7's around.

Not sure about Plus, which kinda sucks for my wife looking to upgrade from a 5S

10. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm confused as to why you guys can't fine 7s. I find them all over the southern ca, but zero plus'.

11. weesy macrumors regular

I've found 7s and a whole handful of T-Mobile stores in south Florida this morning, not a single plus

12. Floydpink thread starter macrumors member

I'm in Orlando and am off tomorrow.
    I wonder if TMobile will tell me who has stock.....
    I'd probably take a ride down to South Fla, pick up a 7, visit some friends, eat some Cuban food, smoke a cigar and head home.

13. jacknicklson macrumors newbie

I live in Sanford, FL and regular 7s are everywhere

14. weesy macrumors regular

Just start calling around, that's how I found them. Sounds like a good day trip, but I would call some stores before heading out lol.

15. Floydpink thread starter macrumors member

Thanks
    Just called and they have 7s in 256g
    Getting closer

16. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Nah I'm referring to Plus models. The 7 can be found with relative ease in any storage or color. And I'm referring to the Apple Store.

17. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

This launch seems soft, long lines are a thing of the past. Devotees buying in the first few days, all indicators seem to point to easy availability in a week or two. Plus next year's anniversary model will be one people wait for. iPhone 7S or 8 will be getting all the attention.

18. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This.

I live in the Atlanta metro area and you can find 7s if you call around, but there are still no pluses of any color anywhere around here. At least not at Apple stores.

19. Jasmynp, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I walked into my local Verizon (Washington, DC) today and they had several. Left with my preferred model and size iPhone 7 in matte black.

20. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

If the fact that the Plus model wasn't going to be available at all in almost all places launch weekend wasn't known 2 days before launch the lines would look almost like they always do. The demand for the plus model is still relatively high as it was barely available again in the US even for an IUP reservation.

21. Indigovalley macrumors member

Indigovalley

I was just at my local Walmart and was told that the Walmart in Milwaukee Wisconsin has phones (I am in Minnesota). Posting for anyone living near that area.

22. alent1234 macrumors 603

Buying one for my wife this month, but owe $550 on my 6s.

By Christmas I bet there will be deals and bogo specials and maybe even early upgrades.

Last few years by Black Friday they are always running sales on iPhones

23. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

I cant find any 7's around in my area, my wife wants to exchange her rose gold 32gb for a gold and every store I've called around said they dont have any 7's.

24. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

There are plenty 7s around here in Melbourne, Fl. I went by an AT&T authorized reseller and they even had them in stock.

25. comptr macrumors 65816

Ya I am still trying to find a 7+ 128gb Rose Gold Verizon version. The pre-order won't come till oct 11th.