Any Premier Customers received their first bill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scotland007, Jul 20, 2009.

1. scotland007 macrumors regular

I just received my first bill and noticed two things:

They show billing from the 18th June, as we all know we didn't receive the phones till the 19th June, 1 day difference but still, if they have done this to every new AT&T customer, this soon adds up.

When i ordered online, my premier order shows a one time fee of $249.00, this appears to be the 16GB 3GS (199) + one time activation (36.00)+ Texas Tax. On my paper bill that i just received a $36.00 activation fee shows up, am i reading something wrong and are they trying to charge this twice?
    I called AT&T Business however the funny thing is they have to contact the Premier accounts but they were put on hold for 30 minutes so they advised they would call back after confirming if i was double charged for the activation.

Any one else have this issue?

2. TomatoTomago macrumors newbie

i got premier account. activation was $26. I went to an official att store and ask the rep there to credit my activation fee. and thats that

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

The $36 activation fee is only charged on your AT&T bill. It is not charged at time of order from wireless.att.com. Any one-time charges would be the purchase + tax + any accessories. Are you sure that you did not purchase a case or some other accessory? Also, $249.00 one time charge does not seem to work out using any Texas sales tax that I know, what does your credit / debit transcation show as the actual charge?

Your phone was activated on June 18 before shipment and your contract started but yes that should be adjusted to when you completed the activation on the 19th. Does your iPhone data plan show that it started on the 18th or the 19th?

Dave

Your $26 activation fee was for a secondary line on a FamilyTalk rate plan.

By Default:
    New line activations or primary line of a FamilyTalk rate plan - $36
    New line activations on a secondary FamilyTalk rate plan - $26
    Upgrade of an existing line - $18

The waived activation varies by FAN.

Dave

4. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

My Data Plan shows the 18th, even though i didn't get the phone till friday 19th. Again just one day but was curious if anyone had been charged this. The charges don't seem to add up, i am hoping the Business rep sort out the charges with the Premier Rep as i wonder what the $249 included if the activation fee was not part of it.

5. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

Hmmm!! I'm going to check mine. My activation fee was waived, so let me see if it appears on my bill.

6. frunze macrumors member

7. thekills macrumors member

My $36 activation is on the bill as well.

I received my phone on 06/22, and yet I am charged starting the 18th.

What I don't understand is this:

Wireless Line Summary For:

Monthly Service Charges
    Period Prorated Charge Monthly Charge Total Charge
    Rate Plan
    Previous Rate Plan(s):
    XXXXXXXXXXX 06/18-07/11 31.99 31.99
    Adjustment for XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 06/22-07/11 -26.66 -26.66
    Current Rate Plan:
    XXXXXXXXXXX 06/22-07/11 26.66 26.66
    XXXXXXXXXXX 07/12-08/11 39.99 39.99

What on earth is this $26.66 adjustment out and then back in?

8. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

I think it's sad that AT&T are charging people from the 18th when some didn't receive their phone till after that date.

9. d315 macrumors newbie

i noticed this as well and I ended up getting credited for the extra charge! I was on hold for about 15 minutes though. Worth it imo. The guy was really nice!

10. jersey macrumors regular

Mine was jacked up too.

I was upgrading from a 2g launch day phone. They "prorated" my 2g data from the 17th to the 19th. I say proated because they wanted me to pay $14.00 ($32 for the data and an -$18 credit, stupid, I know. ) for the 2 days.

Um ... no. The data was only $20 for the whole month when on the plan. I called and asked what was going on and the rep didnt care to figure it out, and credited me with $22.00.

My upgrade fee was $18, no activation charge.

11. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I'm rather confused about my bill too, specifically the part I've attached to this post. I don't see any activation fees (which seems odd to me since I purchase my 3GS at the Apple Store on release day), but they do seem to be charging me $15 for 1500 texts now rather than the $7.50 I used to be paying. That doesn't seem right, does it? I know I had to update my data plan to go from EDGE to 3G, but the texting shouldn't have changed. And what are those discounts? Is that bottom one the Premier discount?

Can anyone make any sense out of this bill? I may hit up AT&T tonight...

Attached Files:

12. dave006 macrumors 68020

You lost your previous discounted SMS Txt plan when you upgraded at the Apple store. Since you picked the iPhone data plan + 1500 SMS Txt messages you got the $15 SMS Txt plan to replace your existing SMS Txt plan.

You will have to call Customer Care to get the discounted SOC for the $7.50 SMS Txt plan. Also depending on the SOC, you might not be able to have it re-added if it has expired.

You have a line that show as a National Account Discount (NAD) so yes, you are receiving a FAN discount. We all use the word FAN for the discount but it is really just a number (Foundation Account Number) that ties your account to the actual NAD. :D

Dave

13. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Thanks for the info! I'll either stop by AT&T or give them a call this evening to see if I can get that rate changed.

14. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I gave them a call and after the lady played around with her computer for almost 10 minutes, she told me that there was nothing she could do about the text messaging rate. She said that it's a different text messaging option even though they are IDENTICAL on my bill. I reiterated that fact and she told me that she tried changing it back but the computer wouldn't let her.

Any other ideas for me? Are there any promo codes I can try to get them to apply that will help me out? It's pretty crappy that they're charging me double the amount for the exact same text messaging plan I had.