Any pro evolution soccer players here?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LionsKiss, Oct 21, 2008.

1. LionsKiss macrumors member

My girlfriend just bought her macbook so I will test PES 2009 on it, and see how it goes =) Has anyone tried it yet? I am waiting to buy myself a macbook pro in early 2009 =)

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

does pes2009 work on the mac? or you'll play it in bootcamp?

4. LionsKiss thread starter macrumors member

Don't have the game yet. I will try to run it via Bootcamp and as well via vmware fusion =)

5. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Let us know the results!

Could you also post the specs of the macbook?

Cheers

6. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

im a PES player too which is the same thing as WE(Winning Eleven)
    howver i play it on ps2 and psp lol

7. J. Dangerously macrumors newbie

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer

Same here, but I play on my Wii. Defense is a b!tch in the game, though! But I love the control scheme, where you just click-and-drag players around with the remote.

I'm not terribly interested in doing the Boot Camp thing on my new MacBook, but I might look at some other newer Mac games. Tiger Woods, anyone?

"Johnny Dangerously"

8. LionsKiss thread starter macrumors member

Will do so when its done, maybe this week end =)....Its the Alu Macbook/2GHZ/2GIG Ram/250Gb@5200RPM....

Its a great looking laptop, its a lot better than my current macbook (1st gen)...but getting a pro soonish =)

9. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

I stuck rigidly by PES 2008 on my XBox 360 until I actually tried FIFA '08. It is SOOO much more like real football than PES now. I hate the new physics in PES 2009, its like the ball is sticking to the pitch.

However, not wanting to start a PES/FIFA flameware I will quickly move on to ask what you do for a controller? Surely you can't play PES on a keyboard?

10. LionsKiss thread starter macrumors member

I will connect my PS3 controller (there are drivers for windows). You could also connect your Xbox 360 via usb or use a wireless dongle =)

I guess a lot people will be using one of those two solutions. Yep, I liked the 2008 of Fifa physics too. But far now, its not really simulation aspects that pulls me in for PES, its just some feeling, maybe played it for too long?

11. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Ah, I see that's good. I really like the XBox 360 controller. One thing that irks me about the PS3 one is the placement of the left analogue stick. It should be where the "D-pad" is...

LOL I've played PES since it first came out as International Superstar Soccer on the SNES in the early nineties. Maybe I've been playing it too long and just got a little bored ;-)

There are still a few things I think PES does better, but I played two matches on 2009 and that was it. I think I'll wait until FIFA 2009 reduces in price and go for that.

12. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

I have PES2009 and play it on my imac through bootcamp and it plays perfectly. On the back of the game it lists the compatible graphics cards, so check that before you buy it

13. LionsKiss thread starter macrumors member

In Vmware I am having some problems. I have not installed it as bootcamp. Is there any way that to get vmware run Nvidia drivers instead of its own vmwave drivers?

14. kolax macrumors G3