Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nein123678

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2018
I have a weird problem whereby I’ve restored from my old iPad Air 2, and I have also installed the Apple beta profile 12.1.1. The issue I’m now having is all my third party apps are now displaying as if they we were on my old iPad Air, i.e it thinks I’m using a 9.7 inch iPad and is cropping the image due to this. The Apple stock apps are working fine and display full screen. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to remedy this as I’m out off ideas?

Last edited:

yazounet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
Apparently! I have always used a screen protector. Now I feel naked.
I always use them too!! never have I touched my Apple Devices without screen protectors ... Well except Apple TV remote - which is fair... LOL
Also if you come across to one that works please let us know :)

Reactions: dspdoc

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
My issue is that I was supposed to feed my cat an hour ago--he's been meowing at me for food, but I keep ignoring him because I'm playing around with my new iPad.

But seriously--I am having the issue with the screen protector too. It's not causing issues with FaceID or Pencil, but it is giving me issues with recognizing taps. I might have to go against my instincts and go screen protectorless and hope that nothing bad happens.

Last edited:

Kanders78

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
Kansas
No problem with the iPad - it's great! My only problem is with AT&T. Couldn't get my account transferred to the new iPad. I have to go to AT&T tomorrow to get new SIM after a long time on the phone with AT&T.

I have a nice screen, it's even and looks good even with True Tone on. I did see one display model in the store which was dark on one side. I've been lucky with the screens on my devices this year after some problems in the past. The speakers are terrific. Loving it so far. I don't believe the first batch of new devices are any more problematic than those produced later. My worst experience with getting a good screen on an iPad was with the iPad 4 which I purchased 2 months after launch.

How are you going to get a new SIM card since this is embedded? Just asking because I’m running into the same difficulty

Infiniteconstancy

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2017
Luckily no lighbleed or uniformity issues. Took a pic with a grey test pic.

JAztulh.jpg

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I’m enjoying this a lot more than I was expecting. The new pencil is great and so much more convenient. The original pencil was totally useless.

Reactions: ryanide

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
I had a dead pixel or something under the glass in a tiny spot...Exchanged and new one is good.

Infiniteconstancy

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2017
The only small “annoyance” is the sleep wake button and the way it moves side to side. Makes a small clicking sound

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
All good here! Loving it! Came from an old iPad mini 2 so this new iPad Pro is lightening fast in comparison. Ordered an 11” cellular 256g space gray for pick up at the store. My order was ready by 10:03am when the store first opened. Haven’t put the iPad down since then. Hahahah

Inserted my SIM card from the iPad mini into the iPad pro and voila _cellular data! So glad they included a SIM card pin in the package.

Charged it from 66% to 98% using my MacBook Pro and it charged super fast.

kristiguin

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2015
My only complaint is that my pencil and keyboard delivery happened while I was at the gym, and UPS didn't leave them :(. Apparently a signature was required, which I was not aware of, or I would have diverted it to the UPS store for pickup, since it's only a mile away. Anyway, I'll get it there tomorrow. Picked up the 12.9 inch in the store today, which was a last minute purchase at 6:00 a.m. I have the 11" on order from Costco, which I will cancel. After seeing the 11" in the store, I'm glad I made the last minute decision this morning to go with the 12.9" instead. I didn't like the bulkiness of the last 12.9, but this one is perfect! Can't wait to get my pencil tomorrow.

Ryan P

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Put this is another thread too, but almost every non-apple app has a black border around the app on the 12.9”. Have a gen 2 12.9” next to it and then gen 2 is fine.

Attachments

• 45F249AE-106A-425A-9C79-A8A449BCFB06.jpeg
    45F249AE-106A-425A-9C79-A8A449BCFB06.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
My 1st 11" that was delivered yesterday had 3 dead pixels towards the bottom of the screen, boxed it back up, placed another order online for pick up in store. Went in my lunch break to return and pick up my new one. Unboxed it there and it had dust behind the screen! Refunded that one as well and bought another one! Opened it up, looked ok in the store so I left. I have since noticed there is one really tiny spec of dust but it is hard to see so I think I will just keep this one. Can't really be bothered trying again.

frank33v

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
Not mine but I was in the apple store looking at them when someone came in with a non responsive 11” ipad. It was in a split screen mode with two apps displayed and it would not even reboot. Two employees could not get it to reboot. I left as they where calling a third.

Likely a hardware issue. It happens.

iKimm

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
I have been using my new 12.9 iPP for a couple hours now and it's fantastic, no problems. I upgraded from an iPad Air (first one), so wow! :)

Same here! What a nice upgrade. I am in LOVE with my new one :D

yazounet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
I just picked up my baby and obviously the ‘genius’ forgot to include the Apple Pencil to my AppleCare+ (I decided to get it while picking up my iPP, keyboard, pencil). Now I’ll have to deal with it in the morning.

allonym

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Several hours use and I have everything set up nicely. Noticed no problems at all.

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
Flawless here.

I’ve always had a screen protector on the phone, but never an iPad (I’m on #4) and never had any issue. iPads don’t get stuck in pockets, get stuff spilled or dropped on them in restaurants (usually, hopefully) so I never thought that I needed one. So far I’m right, knock on wood.

Reactions: iHeartsteve
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.