Any problems running Fire fox; Safari and opera on the same computer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fishtalk, May 11, 2009.

1. Fishtalk macrumors regular

I have an old G3 pismo with OSX 10.3.9
    For the moment My girlfriend uses FireFox and I use Safari...so I dont have to keep signing in and signing out everytime i want to check my mail.
    BUT the last compatible Safari for Panther is 1.3.2 which recently seems to be opening less and less stuff... I've heard that Opera is a pretty good browser... Will it work on Panther and how much space does the App take up on the HD. And lastly any problems running the 3 of them untill I decide that its worth changing...then if so, how do I throw out the old Safari app.
    Thanks in advance for any postive info.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There shouldn't be any problem running all 3 of them

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Yes, running all three is fine. I think I have 4 browsers installed since I'm a web developer. You don't need to uninstall any browser you're not going to use unless you simply want to. Though, I'd recommend leaving Safari installed since it's the default browser. Opera takes up about the same amount of space as any other browser.

4. Fishtalk thread starter macrumors regular

I think my default is FireFox ? cos the guy who installed it for me set it up that way...but I'm not really sure
    In that case how do I transfer all my favorites and book marks from Safari to Opera...By the way, being a web developer, do you think that Opera will be "better" than Safari 1.3.2?
    thanks .
    PS. Just been on the Opera Site....and which version do I need for my OLD 10.3.9

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sorry, I meant default in that it comes pre-installed on the OS.

The latest Opera (9.64) will be fine. I tracked down their OSX support page.

6. Fishtalk thread starter macrumors regular