Any problems with 13" freezing up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pinsrw, May 31, 2010.

1. pinsrw macrumors regular

Hi all,

With the continuing reports of i5 and i7 based MBP's freezing up on people, I'm curious as to whether the 13" is also having that problem? I don't expect it, but I might as well ask.

Some people say the 15/17" freezing is caused by the Nvidia 330m graphics chip, but I've been reading complaints from owners of i7-based Sony and Lenovo laptops who say theirs are freezing up as well. For instance the Lenovo y550p (1.6 GHz i7 and Nvidia 240m). So if the cause is the CPU, the 13" should be fine.

And of course the 13" uses the Nvidia 320m chip, which is substantially different from the possibly troublesome 330m. But I thought I would ask about freezing anyway, just to be sure.

Thanks.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

No, there are no freezing issues with the 13" MBP.

I should also point out, that not everyone is having freezing issues,and in fact, it's not a majority. Repeated polls have shown this. I'm not sure it's a good idea to reduce your choice based on that.

If you're unlucky enough to get a freezy i5 or i7, then complain and get the logic board replaced.

3. macsr1 macrumors member

My first one I got froze constantly so I took it back to get it replaced.

This one I have now has froze completely 2-3 times but other than that, no problems.

4. forcemajeure macrumors newbie

my second freeze happened today :( is there anything i can do with that?

i have new core i7 macbook pro 15'

5. chulsupark macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm on my new 13'', 2.4G, MBP, w/ 10.6.3, about three weeks. And while I was using Keynote, left it for a few min,
    and there's my *first* freeze. No trackpad, keyboard response, but screen was on. Hmm, after googling I see some freezing issues related to 10.6.3, maybe this is snow leopard 10.6.3 related?