Any problems with Apple Pay and IOS10?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by WLS, Sep 15, 2016.

1. WLS macrumors 65816

I upgraded to IOS10 on Tuesday. since then I have been unable to use apple pay at Kohls with their card in my apple wallet. Just a coincidence or is there a trend here? Do I need to re-register my cards?

2. post/ergo macrumors member

I've used ApplePay twice on my VisaDebit card since upgrading, both transactions went through OK.

A quick google did not bring up any real results either. When you say unable to use - what is the problem, card declined/touchID not working?

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I've used it and it has worked fine for me - not at a Kohls but at other places

4. WLS thread starter macrumors 65816

Touch ID not working... is it possible the POS terminal needs a software update? I was told several people had the problem

5. post/ergo macrumors member

The best way to rule in or out a problem with that store's POS system would be to try using ApplePay at a different retailer, maybe next time you buy a coffee, get lunch or whatever...

6. RedOrchestra Suspended

Has it worked other places since you did the update?

Did you check to see that Apple Pay DIDN'T get toggled off in the Touch ID & Passcode settings?

7. WLS thread starter macrumors 65816

Good ideas. I went and checked if Apple Pay touch id was allowed and it was. I will have to use it at a different store and see if the problem persists. Thanks

8. jantongo macrumors newbie

Same problem here.

I've been using Apple Pay with no issues since two months ago, with a Boon Virtual Card.

Then, just after upgrade to iOS10 (10.0.1), I've been unable to pay again: the same procedure as always, but the terminal says "Transaction denied".

I've removed and added back the boon card to Apple Pay, and I've received the message "Now you're able to use your boon card with Apple Pay". I've double checked settings (Region, Touch ID & Passcode). But I still cannot pay.

I still have to check in another shop, just in case.

9. jantongo macrumors newbie

Wow! I could pay at IKEA :)

In GBP, not in EUR (it’s a U.K. Card in GBP)

I used to pay in EUR when offered the opportunity. But this time I was only offered to pay in GBP.

10. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

After upgrading to iOS 10 I had to re-verify my card with my bank. Not sure if it's an apple issue or if my bank is overly paranoid.

11. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I hope that doesn't become a trend, the stores offered conversion rates are always worse than what my card does.