any problems with RebelScholar ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by V4705, Aug 13, 2009.

1. V4705 macrumors 6502

2. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I don't think you should be scared at all. That video has been removed for a reason. For those who don't know, the reviewer who posted that video, "Quinn Nelson (thatsnazzyiphoneguy)," claimed that he was sent a case with a scratch on it, and then rebel scholar wanted to charge him to ship it back to them, before they would send him out a replacement. When it was eventually shipped back, RebelScholar then refused to replace it bc they claimed he caused the scratches himself.

In response to his video, RS posted the ENTIRE correspondence between the company and Quinn on their website, which exposed Quinn for the liar that he is. In the video, he claimed that RS had no idea he was a reviewer b/c he did not disclose that to them. In fact, He identified himself as a reviewer to them well before he even ordered the case. He also claims in the video that he never requested a review sample. This also was a lie. He not only requested a review sample and was denied, but he actually asked them if he could resell their cases on his lame website (where he also sells "his own" brand of cases for 13$ that are nothing more than 1$ cases off of ebay). RS also said no to that. He also asked if he could interview the CEO for a podcast he participates in, and they denied his request for that as well. They were always very polite in their responses, and at every step of the way - he kept threatening them with making a "complaint video" that all of his subscribers would see. His video was filled with several more lies, but I think you get the point.

So, it is plainly obvious that he had a vendetta against this company well before he ordered this case from them. It is also PAINFULLY obvious that he scratched the case himself, so that he could set them up for all of this and make his video.

So, in short, yes, I would order from them, if you like their cases. I would completely disregard anything this idiot liar has to say. Here is a link to RS's post about the matter:

http://rebelscholar.com/front-page/public-announcement-1/

And, btw, I DO NOT work in anyway for RS. I don't even own one of their cases. Personally, I think they are just copies of the incase sider, but I also really hope that this jackass "youtube reviewer" doesn't actually do any real harm to that company.

3. mrXniick macrumors member

Uhm... you sure you don't work with rebel scholar? You did not even mention the 2nd video in that post which had NOTHING to do with thisiphoneguy.

4. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Actually, the Larry Greenberg review was cited by Quinn in his video, as evidence of the company's bad CS. In RS's post, they address that accusation, so in fact, it is relevant.

Look at my posting history - do you see any evidence that I work for any case-manufacturing company? I'm a medical student in NYC, not a case-company shill. I just don't like to see inoccent people's livelihoods ruined b/c some spoiled kid didn't get the free case he wanted.

5. Hieu macrumors member

I ordered the black velvet case recently. Shipping was fast and my case was perfect. Some people complained about the loose bottoms but mine doesn't have that. I really love this case. The only negatives is that if your screen protector isn't on your phone perfectly then it might cause air bubbles.

6. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies,

what colors\editions come with silicone rails?
    i'm not so excited about sliders without that, and i didn't see any mention about that in rebelscholar's site.

thanks.

7. kicko macrumors 65816

i'm not even a slider style fan and i ordered one out of curiosity. I have to say i love it. It took about 4-5 days to be delivered. Good quality case, get one if you are thinking about it.

8. 3gbuff macrumors member

theres no problem ordering from them but if you have an issue with your order, prepare to get aggravated.

Any company that posts emails of non satisfied clients to defend themselves are ripe for problems.

9. dauerhippo macrumors regular

In general, I would agree with you, but in this case - they were being slandered pretty hard core, and I think they felt that they needed to defend themselves against all the baseless accusations that were clearly affecting their reputation and their sales.

10. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

well, as a retailer and seller of many cases, I think that the company's response was as immature as Quinn's comments. There was no need to sink to that level and post a lengthy diatribe about how this one awful customer of their many was dissatisfied. There's no crime in having one dissatisfied customer, and I think their response was way over the top.

Frankly, it made me think a little less of the company, too. The video was removed, they made amends, and the whole thing was totally unnecessary.

They weren't being slandered pretty hardcore, they just felt like they were.

11. kicko macrumors 65816

I totally agree.

I'm still pretty pleased with my case though.

12. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I would hardly call their post a "lengthy diatribe." They simply posted ALL the communication from Quinn, not the select portion that he had wanted us to see.

Also, he took the video down AFTER they released that post.