Any problems with the new update today?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Che Castro, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

I remember last update I had to connect the Apple TV to the computer to fix it

Apple TV update makes it easy to hide unwanted channels

To go along with the release of iOS 7.1, Apple has released an update for the Apple TV. Version 6.1 allows users to hide unwanted channel icons from the main screen.

Previously, you would need to navigate to Settings, then go through the list of available content sources and hide them. Now, all you need to do is highlight an icon on the screen, then press and hold the select button until the icons start to jiggle. Select the channel you want to hide, then hit the Play/Pause button to bring up the options, then press Hide. To undo this, simply go to Settings > Main Menu, then select the desired channel.

If you have your Apple TV set to update automatically, then you're set. To update manually, go to Settings > Software Update, then select Update Software.

2. Otago Lad macrumors member

Everything on my aTV's seem to be running fine, however the one issue that I wanted fix remains - that is the hierarchy of TV shows under "Computers".

In iTunes, multiple seasons are just shown under the show so you go:

iTunes->TV Shows->Big Bang Theory->Season 7->Episode 1

however with the aTV you have to scroll down through multiple seasons and that can make your TV Shows list in the aTV extremely long - for example, Top Gear from the BBC has 21 series just by itself, let alone all the other shows with multiple seasons.

At one point iTunes also had this issue but it was fixed, however it seems Apple just don't want to fix this problem despite it being one of the most asked for fixes. Maybe they have a completely new UI coming with a new aTV and therefore can't be bothered fixing the current one - who knows, but it is frustrating.

3. rayward macrumors 68000

It used to be possible to do this with movies too, so that series like Batman, Iron Man, James Bond, Bourne etc. etc., could be shown in the movie list as one entry, with all the movies in a sub-menu.

This went away with the new interface (that moved local iTunes content to "Computers"). I'd love to see it back.