Any programs to disable the "slide to unlock" option?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbplayer5, Feb 4, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Would be nice to not have the phone lock, only dim then shut off. When you touch it, it would turn on again, but not put the phone to sleep.

2. dfbills macrumors newbie

dfbills

What would happen when you put it in your pocket or a case?

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I was thinking the same thing. Taking the phone out of your pocket would probably launch a couple of applications.

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

im thinking of more when its IN my pocket. Your pocket wont launch apps really, but all your network apps including web apps, would stay on and connected without draining the battery like mad with the screen being on.

5. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

It shouldn't launch any applications. The iPhone/iPod Touch uses an electro-conductive touch screen, so whatever touches it has to conduct electricity. That is why your finger works on the screen, but most styluses don't work and you can't use it with gloves.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305705

6. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

This would solve once and for all the chat clients disconnecting. Im sure the SDK will bring new chat apps, but for people that want to stay on older firmware it would be nice.

7. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Try VUnlock. Lets you unlock the screen by pushing one of the volume buttons, even if the phone is asleep.

8. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

If I understand you right iLock does this. Bypasses the lockscreen entirely. When its "off" and you click on the home button it goes straight to the homescreen.