Any progress on the Dual Link DVI Adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TheSandman2236, Apr 22, 2009.

1. TheSandman2236 macrumors 6502

I bought & returned one...but I was curious if anyone had any new experiences with the displayport to dual link dvi adapter. I'd like to pick one up again - if anyone had any *new* solutions.:apple: Thanks!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

There was a Firmware update that came out a while ago.

Some people said it made things better, others...not so much. One other solution was to plug the accompanying USB plug into a powered hub

3. TheSandman2236 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. jedijoe macrumors 6502

jedijoe

The update was for the MDP to VGA connector. Not the dual-link DVI connector.

On an unrelated note, my MB's logic board had to be replaced due to a faulty ethernet adapter, since the USB and MDP are all part of the logic board, I am curious to see when I get my MB back (hopefully sometime next week), if there are any changes in the flickering and fuzzes issues.

If not, pissed that the Apple Store has had my computer for 7 days now, I will be harassing them endlessly until I get a working dual-link DVI adapter with my MB and 30" apple display..

5. TheSandman2236 thread starter macrumors 6502

You think it's a graphics card/logic board issue? Not an issue with the actual adapter?

I've been extremely frustrated with this whole situation on the DL DVI Adapter. I'm about to find out if anyone is up for a class action...or at least threaten it.