Any promos during this holiday season?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cheapa55, Nov 6, 2007.

1. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Does Apple run any promos like free ipod nano, etc... during the holiday season? I plan to buy an imac but I'm not in a hurry. I don't want to wait forever either though.

Anyone have any ideas or from past experience? TIA

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

In all these years I don't ever remember any sort of promo like that during the holidays. Typically Apple has a sale on the Friday after Thanksgiving which varies from year to year. Maybe it's on iPods, maybe on Macs, you never know till the actual sale, which is usually only 6pm to close. And usually it's not much of a sale. You won't see any other promos during the season. The free iPod with Mac promo has only ever been a back to school promo. They also do Perfect Companion $100 printer rebates, not sure if one is going on now or if they run that during the holidays.

3. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Roland. I will be using my wife's edu discount so not sure how much more I can save unless I wait until back to school for a free ipod and that's 1 yr away.

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Not worth the wait, and the EDU disc. trumps any sale promo etc. that you might get retail, esp. when you factor in the disc. on Applecare, HD bumps, Software like FCE HD, even RAM is stomachable at EDU prices.

5. St. Germain macrumors 6502

Apple Holiday deals? Looking to buy my wife a new MacBook

Does Apple ever have holiday deals, and if so, when usually? I'm willing to wait a bit, but obviously don't want to wait so long that there's no gift under the tree.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

See post #2. Black Friday. Thass it.