Any Quad cor MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by borcanm, Jun 28, 2009.

1. borcanm macrumors regular

Hey, so yea if anyone knows anything about when/if Apple will release any MBPs with 4 core cpus, that be great. Planing to buy a new on after the fall or early in the new year, depending what Apple releases.

Cheers all

2. Stachelsk macrumors regular

Won't happen by then. Quads, today, consume too much power and produce too much heat.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Apple doesn't share it's R&D with it's users.
    Asking us won't render any solid evidence..

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Nobody knows what Apple will do, they are very secretive. But, many speculate Sandy Bridge (2010) will be when we see a Quad in the MBP.

5. borcanm thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, the heat is the problem, but in terms of power consumption I guess its possible to have a 4 core MBP because Apple doubled the battery life on the MBPs.

6. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I can't see this being too far off of the near future. Apple has got to get a quad core out at least in say the 17" soon for high end users. Almost every major laptop company has had one out for a while.

But I don't doubt Apple is holding off for a purpose. Chances are their quadcores, when released, will be twice as good as the competitors :D

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's never an issue of whether putting a quad core into a MBP is "possible"- it's just a matter of it being desirable or not. Why put all of the gains in battery life to waste? They won't put in a quad core unless they can at least get comparable battery life.