Any radio app for Apple Watch 4?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Slobdiddy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Slobdiddy macrumors newbie

When I bought my AW4 I assumed that listening to my favourite radio stations would be a piece of cake....but not so. The Tunein app loads on the Watch and appears in the watch apps but doesnt do anything, I tried the pro version of the app and the same happened. And even Apple Music’s radio doesnt seem to include stations such as London’s capital FM or Sydneys Nova 969, let alone any of the local stations I like to listen to when travelling. I will consider any solution, even if it’s a subscription based one. Please help!

BTW - I want a standalone solution for the Apple Watch, not something that requires it to be tethered to my iPhone.

Many thanks in advance!

2. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

Addig myself to this post. I do not believe that anything exists at the moment. I tried a few radio apps personally and like you said, the app is tethered to the phone or non-functional. Some live radio apps would be cool sometimes.

3. Slobdiddy thread starter macrumors newbie

OK someone said iheartradio works but is this tethered? Difficult for me to get it as its not available in my country's app store. I would want to know it works before logging out of iCloud and needing to reload everything (including all Apple Pay credit cards), as you seem to need to do in ios 12.

4. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

I believe it works from what I have heard but do not use it on my watch. I tried search for Nova station and it's not there.